WTB Fire Lite Folding Spoon
Display Avatars Sort By:
Adam C
(NBD925) - M

Locale: Montana
WTB Fire Lite Folding Spoon on 12/15/2012 23:16:13 MST Print View

Does anyone have this Spoon Fire Lite Folding Spoon?

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/bpl_titanium_folding_spoon_sul.html

Dale Wambaugh
(dwambaugh) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest
Re: WTB Fire Lite Folding Spoon on 12/16/2012 00:06:33 MST Print View

I did an extensive search and could not find folding titanium spoons for sale in the US. I did find hard anodized aluminum and titanium folding spoons from Chinese suppliers on eBay.

Jonathan McCrindle
(Roninn) - M
Re: WTB Fire Lite Folding Spoon on 12/16/2012 09:13:11 MST Print View

If you don't mind a spork, Optimus makes a titanium folding one. I have one and quite like it.

http://www.backcountry.com/optimus-titanium-folding-spork

Roger B
(rogerb) - MLife

Locale: Here and there
Re: WTB Fire Lite Folding Spoon on 12/16/2012 09:22:28 MST Print View

If you are passing through Sweden you could always pick up a Folding Spoon at Packalatt

Note that I have no commercial interest in the store.

Edited by rogerb on 12/16/2012 09:23:02 MST.

Adam C
(NBD925) - M

Locale: Montana
Folding Spoon Feedback on 12/16/2012 10:01:45 MST Print View

I am reading reports now that some people dont like there folding spoons. They are aparently hard to clean after eating and the folding action folds in the direction of weight bearning. Anyone have any thoughts on this and is there a spoon that folds the other way? I would like to get this thing to fit in my 550ml pot. The long handle ti spoon that I have might be here to stay after all.

Update I have found a folding spoon in America for those that are interested.

http://www.sheepleg.com/Esbit_Titanium_Folding_Spoon_p/titanium-folding-spoon.htm

Edited by NBD925 on 12/16/2012 10:04:29 MST.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: Folding Spoon Feedback on 12/16/2012 10:38:06 MST Print View

I use a Sea to Summit short spoon and have been happy with it. Lighter than titanium, cheaper too. Might still be a little long to fit in that particular pot.

Roger B
(rogerb) - MLife

Locale: Here and there
Re: Folding Spoon Feedback on 12/16/2012 11:00:25 MST Print View

Same spoon many different vendors. I have not had a problem cleaning mine, but if your food is thick and sets quickly like glue, then maybe you will have a cleaning problem.

Dale Wambaugh
(dwambaugh) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest
Re: Folding Spoon Feedback on 12/16/2012 12:29:18 MST Print View

Sounds like much ado about nothing. There is a sliding lock that prevents folding. Some may need a 2 second adjustment with a pair of needle nose pliers to make it more positive. Cleaning? There are more joints to trap food, but all are accessible.

If you can use a spork rather than a spoon, you can find them all over.

I went the same way to get a spoon and an Esbit wing stove in a 450ml mug. Works great. Add a turkey roaster foil lid and some foil for a windscreen and you have a tough SUL kitchen.

todd harper
(funnymoney) - MLife

Locale: Sunshine State
Re: WTB Fire Lite Folding Spoon on 12/29/2012 10:06:54 MST Print View

Several on ebay right now. The cheapest is from a seller w/no feedback, fwiw.