November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Pictures wanted for GWL Highlight Reel
Display Avatars Sort By:
Andrew Skurka
(askurka) - F
Pictures wanted for GWL Highlight Reel on 04/01/2007 07:55:40 MDT Print View

Hi all - I am in the final stages of uploading a new website for my upcoming Great Western Loop hike, and I'm looking for a few photos to include as part of the GWL Highlight Reel, including:

- Grand Canyon, ideally from Grandview Point, but not necessarily
- Arrastra or Rawhide Mountains; or Burro Creek, Santa Maria, or Bill Williams River
- Joshua Tree NP, ideally Pinto Basin but the West side is fine too
- Crater Lake
- Rainier
- Wind Rivers
- Great Divide Basin
- Santa Fe NF
- San Francisco Peaks

I would greatly appreciate any photo submissions for this section. I will give you full credit in the caption and a link to a website if you have one. You can email them to my personal address, askurka

Edited by askurka on 04/01/2007 08:28:33 MDT.

Sarah Kirkconnell
(sarbar) - F

Locale: In the shadow of Mt. Rainier
Re: Pictures wanted for GWL Highlight Reel on 04/13/2007 11:58:59 MDT Print View

Andrew, you link doesn't go work :-( (But, I found your page by going to your site!)
What type of Rainier photos are you looking for?

Mark Larson
(mlarson) - MLife

Locale: Southeast USA
Re: Pictures wanted for GWL Highlight Reel on 04/13/2007 12:28:45 MDT Print View

Andy, I'd suggest doing a search on Flickr, the popular photo sharing website. You can do an Advanced Search and look for photos using a Creative Commons license--basically, people willing to share with some minor reservations (attribution, non-commercial, etc). For example, here are the most interesting Crater Lake photos using a CC license.

Oh, and good luck on the hike! Sounds incredible.

Edited by mlarson on 04/13/2007 12:29:27 MDT.