Forum Index » Photo Gallery » Pictures wanted for GWL Highlight Reel

Display Avatars Sort By:
Andrew Skurka
(askurka) - F
Pictures wanted for GWL Highlight Reel on 04/01/2007 07:55:40 MDT Print View

Hi all - I am in the final stages of uploading a new website for my upcoming Great Western Loop hike, and I'm looking for a few photos to include as part of the GWL Highlight Reel, including:

- Grand Canyon, ideally from Grandview Point, but not necessarily
- Arrastra or Rawhide Mountains; or Burro Creek, Santa Maria, or Bill Williams River
- Joshua Tree NP, ideally Pinto Basin but the West side is fine too
- Crater Lake
- Rainier
- Wind Rivers
- Great Divide Basin
- Santa Fe NF
- San Francisco Peaks

I would greatly appreciate any photo submissions for this section. I will give you full credit in the caption and a link to a website if you have one. You can email them to my personal address, askurka comcast.net

Thanks.

Andy

Edited by askurka on 04/01/2007 08:28:33 MDT.

Sarah Kirkconnell
(sarbar) - F

Locale: In the shadow of Mt. Rainier
Re: Pictures wanted for GWL Highlight Reel on 04/13/2007 11:58:59 MDT Print View

Andrew, you link doesn't go work :-( (But, I found your page by going to your site!)
What type of Rainier photos are you looking for?

Mark Larson
(mlarson) - MLife

Locale: Southeast USA
Re: Pictures wanted for GWL Highlight Reel on 04/13/2007 12:28:45 MDT Print View

Andy, I'd suggest doing a search on Flickr, the popular photo sharing website. You can do an Advanced Search and look for photos using a Creative Commons license--basically, people willing to share with some minor reservations (attribution, non-commercial, etc). For example, here are the most interesting Crater Lake photos using a CC license.

Oh, and good luck on the hike! Sounds incredible.
-Mark

Edited by mlarson on 04/13/2007 12:29:27 MDT.