Forum Index » Chaff » Newtown

Display Avatars Sort By:
David Olsen
(oware)

Locale: Steptoe Butte
Gun free zone on 02/01/2013 18:05:00 MST Print View

Now that it has been released that the Newtown middle and high schools had armed guards, it may be a little clearer why
the killer picked the grade school.

I just don't know what to make of this inside the country arms race. Now we have drones flying around our woods since we are within 100 miles of the Canadian Border, and more Homeland security agents than State, County and Police forces put together
here. Next I suppose we will be like the UK with cameras on every street sign.

Meanwhile thousands die each year from the flu.

doug thomas
(sparky52804) - MLife

Locale: Eastern Iowa
Re: Re: Re: Jokes don't humor people. Punchlines humor people. on 02/01/2013 19:51:45 MST Print View

I'm with you David, this could have turned into something very nasty. While it was a tragedy, a knee jerk reaction is not what is needed. We should all be much more concerned with our base weight, 15 lbs is way to much. We all need to spend spend spend on cuban hair nets, that will help the economy. We all need to conserve to lower our base weight. But seriously folks, while gun control is a serious issue, lets have a bit of common sense about it. What is the difference between an AR 15 and a 22 calibre squirrel rifle. Nothing, except for the looks of the gun.