Locale: The here and now.
Evernew water bladders on 12/12/2012 15:13:22 MST Print View

Just preordered at Gossamer Gear.

Joseph R
(Dianoda) - MLife

Locale: Chicago, IL
Re: Evernew water bladders on 12/12/2012 16:58:45 MST Print View

Nice.

If I remember correctly, these are the ones that play nicely with the Sawyer Squeeze water filters (because matching threads), and possibly present a more durable/ideal solution compared to the bags Sawyer packages with the Squeeze.

To expand on the Sawyer bags based on personal experience: I've noticed that they have rather thin walls, which aren't very abrasion resistant. They are also rather rigid (almost crinkly) and have somewhat sharp edges at the bottom, which frequently results in the edges getting caught in/tearing the mesh pockets of my pack. Being opaque is also something of a disadvantage, too - I'd like to be able to see how dirty or not dirty the interior of the bag is. Something I have not experienced, but have read a few reports of on the forums: busted seams resulting in leaky bags.

I'd be pretty happy to replace the Sawyer bags with something else, and the evernew bladders seem to be the only viable, non-rigid option on the market (that I'm aware of).

Mike Bitz
(trek_guy) - M
Different bag on 12/12/2012 17:31:45 MST Print View

I love the Squeeze, but would also recommend a different dirty water bag be used. My buddy's ruptured this summer after its third or fourth use. My Platypus bag held up great, with a very minor weight penalty.

Darrin Boring
(Tupelo) - F
evernew on 12/18/2012 08:51:26 MST Print View

Thanks Marc E for the heads up. just ordered two!!