Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
No Need to Pussy Foot Around This Problem
Display Avatars Sort By:
Tom Kirchner
(ouzel) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest/Sierra
Re: neighbor kitties on 12/15/2012 16:21:10 MST Print View

"Set up a tent in my backyard and patched up all the holes and tears it had acquired over the years. My buyer comes no more than a half-hour later. In that short time, the tent had acquired three or four new tears. The tears have cat-claw arcs to them. Stealth kitties have slunk away and are nowhere to be seen."

Sounds like a job for Wiley. ;0)

Ken Helwig
(kennyhel77) - MLife

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA
Re: Re: neighbor kitties on 12/18/2012 22:00:15 MST Print View

Everytime I set up a tarp or to work on or air out our tent my cats finf it open season to try to destroy them. Don't get me started on laying my WM sleeping bag out, they love to burrow into it......errrrr. Pics to follow.....sigh

Ken Helwig
(kennyhel77) - MLife

Re: No Need to Pussy Foot Around This Problem on 12/18/2012 22:02:38 MST Print View

And Evan, it's not your wifes cat, but both if yours......50/50 ......;)

Daryl and Daryl
(lyrad1) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest, USA, Earth
Head Shots on 12/19/2012 10:47:06 MST Print View

When I sleep in the yard to test a tent our cat Squiggles will visit me. She somehow figures out where my head is and pounces on it from outside.

Also, after breakfast each morning she will crawl under our bed's down comforter in a mole like fashon and nap under there for several hours. Makes me laugh when I see the lump under the comforter.

Ken Helwig
(kennyhel77) - MLife

Re: Head Shots on 12/19/2012 11:01:30 MST Print View

My cat burrows under our comforter too

HK Newman
(hknewman) - MLife

Locale: Western US
Re: No Need to Pussy Foot Around This Problem on 12/20/2012 11:43:00 MST Print View

A girlfriends cat tried to be a stowaway in my pack once when we were leaving from her place on a trip. About 15 pounds of feline and a barely audible "meow". When cleaning gear, they seem attracted to bug netting.