Forum Index » Chaff » No Need to Pussy Foot Around This Problem

Display Avatars Sort By:
Evan McCarthy
(evanrussia) - MLife

Locale: Northern Europe
No Need to Pussy Foot Around This Problem on 12/10/2012 01:54:45 MST Print View

My wife's cat decided to set up camp on my cuben gear after a recent trip. I very delicately coaxed him off, which prevented his evil little paws from finding purchase in my purchases. Cat on Cuben

Edited by evanrussia on 12/10/2012 05:14:10 MST.

jason quick
(jase)

Locale: A tent in my backyard - Melbourne
Cats and hiking gear are mutually exclusive on 12/10/2012 03:54:29 MST Print View

Whenever I pitch and sleep in my tent in the backyard, my bl**dy cat comes in and tries to scratch/claw on both the inner or outer. I usually keep him inline.

But...this one time, he got in my tent, and slept on my Exped down mat. For some reason, I came in and accidentally startled him, and as he darted off the mat, he kindly punctured the mat via 6 minute claw holes.

Oh...the repair process was painstaking.

The closest he comes now to my gear are his lame attempts to claim territory on my CF tent....but he cops it by the hose before he even gears up to fire off a squirt!Meet......George.

Edited by jase on 12/10/2012 04:07:43 MST.

Ben 2 World
(ben2world) - MLife

Locale: So Cal
Re: Cats on 12/10/2012 14:40:15 MST Print View

Is it really just a coincidence that our microwaves are sized just right for cats??

Bob Gross
(--B.G.--) - F

Locale: Silicon Valley
Re: Re: Cats on 12/10/2012 14:45:28 MST Print View

The cats must like the microwave oven, because they seem to quit meowing after just a little while.

--B.G.--

John Vance
(Servingko) - F

Locale: Intermountain West
Cats on 12/10/2012 14:46:59 MST Print View

As long as you remove the turntable...we wouldn't want to make the little buggers dizzy.

a b
(Ice-axe)
Re: Cats on 12/10/2012 15:34:21 MST Print View

I don't have a cat, but my landlord has one next door to me.. so I have a cat too.

Claus (the cat) makes himself quite at home on my 20 year old WM zero bag everytime i leave the door open.
Since the shell is singed, stained, and has a dozen repairs to it, i really don't mind when he does his claw thing and circles before his nap.

Almost made the mistake of leaving my brand new EE revelation on the bed.
Luckily i got to the quilt before Claus did!
You bet he was bee-lining it for the "new" kitty bed.

I love cats. Sisters always had them when i grew up so they always remind me of home.

Steven Paris
(saparisor) - M

Locale: Pacific Northwest
No Need to Pussy Foot Around This Problem on 12/10/2012 15:52:27 MST Print View

I love the not-so-subtle message in Evan's post: not "our" cat or "the" cat, but "my wife's" cat.

Mary D
(hikinggranny) - MLife

Locale: Gateway to Columbia River Gorge
No Need to Pussy Foot Around on 12/10/2012 16:39:47 MST Print View

I noticed that, too, LOL!

While I like cats, I'm glad I don't have one, so I can store my insulated air pad under the bed!

The cat that occasionally shows up in Franco's videos seems much better behaved!

Edited by hikinggranny on 12/10/2012 16:40:38 MST.

Jeffs Eleven
(WoodenWizard) - F

Locale: Greater Mt Tabor
Re: No Need to Pussy Foot Around on 12/10/2012 16:59:02 MST Print View

I stored mine under the bed. No claw holes- just puke.

Ahhhh, cats.

jerry adams
(retiredjerry) - MLife

Locale: Oregon and Washington
Re: No Need to Pussy Foot Around on 12/10/2012 17:08:40 MST Print View

I don't like it when they pee and poop on my stuff.

Nathan V
(Junk) - MLife

Locale: The Great Lake State
Cuben gear isn't just for cats on 12/10/2012 17:26:57 MST Print View

My dog loves to lay on my gear too, any time he can.Paco on my Skyscape X

Bob Gross
(--B.G.--) - F

Locale: Silicon Valley
Re: Cuben gear isn't just for cats on 12/10/2012 17:29:15 MST Print View

Cats especially like a catenary curve.

--B.G.--

Jeffs Eleven
(WoodenWizard) - F

Locale: Greater Mt Tabor
Re: Re: Cuben gear isn't just for cats on 12/10/2012 19:32:55 MST Print View

Bob... you are on fire, sir.

Elizabeth Tracy
(mariposa) - M

Locale: Outside
neighbor kitties on 12/11/2012 15:40:57 MST Print View

In my neighborhood, there is a posse of three kittens (about 1.5 years old now) that are cute as all get-out, but also...trouble.

Asking if I can come out to play

Set up a tent in my backyard and patched up all the holes and tears it had acquired over the years. My buyer comes no more than a half-hour later. In that short time, the tent had acquired three or four new tears. The tears have cat-claw arcs to them. Stealth kitties have slunk away and are nowhere to be seen.

Amazingly, my buyer just laughed and bought the tent anyway.

- Elizabeth

Elizabeth Tracy
(mariposa) - M

Jupiter helps me with my sewing on 12/11/2012 15:46:12 MST Print View

Inevitably, the neighbor kitties will offer to "help" with my backpacking sewing projects:Jupiter assists with sewing project

Ben 2 World
(ben2world) - MLife

Locale: So Cal
Re: neighbor kitties on 12/11/2012 19:29:39 MST Print View

These things in broad daylight are scarier than teenage trick or treaters in the dead of night!! :)

jerry adams
(retiredjerry) - MLife

Re: Re: neighbor kitties on 12/11/2012 19:40:07 MST Print View

Ahhh - you must be feeding them

Elizabeth Tracy
(mariposa) - M

Not feeding them on 12/11/2012 20:33:32 MST Print View

We are not, in fact, feeding them ANYTHING.

Their mom (next door) is gone all day, and they are really into play. They know that if they stare in the window long enough, eventually I'll go "Oh, you're too cute," and open the door. At which point they'll run back into the yard, where I keep the sticks and pieces of grass that they like me to pull around for them to leap on.

Or, put up a tent for them to play on.

But yeah, I'm told this photo is a bit intimidating...Kitties look like "A posse on a mission," and quite a serious one, at that.

- Elizabeth

jerry adams
(retiredjerry) - MLife

Re: Not feeding them on 12/11/2012 20:39:51 MST Print View

zombies trying to get into the house?

Jennifer Mitol
(Jenmitol) - M

Locale: In my dreams....
Cats n gear on 12/15/2012 08:32:57 MST Print View

Oh my goodness the cat puke!! I have no trouble with either the dog or the cat defecating on my stuff...but I have SO much trouble storing all my sleeping bags/quilts because of the cat puke! It's her hobby, and she specifically looks for anything down or cuben to hurl on. Frankly I believe she aims for it.

And those damned strings that hang off the bottom of Tim's EE quilts...I'm lucky they are all still attached. I think I may have to get some cotton bags for these quilts/bags to save them from a rather playful kitty.....