Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Massive UL TIPI and Wood Stove
Display Avatars Sort By:
Ben Wortman
(bwortman) - M

Locale: Nebraska
Massive UL TIPI and Wood Stove on 12/09/2012 14:54:37 MST Print View

*******SOLD*********

Not UL but a cool setup for spring/fall/winter camping with a group.

Up for sale is a Tipi shelter I made myself. It is made of 1.1oz silicone impregnated nylon. It has about a 25' Diameter length and 11.5' tall. 2 doors and a stove jack at the apex. There is also a fireproof flap over the stove jack that covers it up when not using the stove. The Tipi weighs about 10 lbs by itself (no stakes or center pole). Tipi also includes stakes. CENTER POLE NOT INCLUDED

Also included is an Ultra Light fold down wood burning stove. This stove was made by Ed T several Years ago. It is basically the same size and design as the Kifaru Arctic Stove. (Ed T used to make stoves for Kifaru.) The stove pipe is 6" and "normal flue pipe”. Not the rollup pipe that the pros use. The stove also includes the connection collar, 2 slide in dampers for the pipe, 2 spark screens that slide in the collar, 2 splice pieces if you want to use shimstock for the pipe instead of the normal everyday flue pipe included, and a denim storage bag. The stove will roast you out in the tipi even below freezing.

For the center pole I have been using galvanized pipe. 2-5’ sections and 1-1’ section, a flat flange on the bottom and a cap on the top. I use T’s to splice the 5’ pipes and then run a pipe off the side to hang things from.

This is not by any means up to the quality of a Kifaru or Seek Outside tipi. It is just something I sewed up myself in the basement. I have used in on several trips, thus why it is such a low price compared to the commercial ones. It has held up to same stiff wind, but I would not feel like it is going to hold up to wind like a Kifaru or Seek Outside one would. The tipi has a few minor spark holes and one repair around the ground level perimeter (3 in rip on the bottom hem), but it is overall in pretty good condition.

***TIPI IS ALSO SEAM SEALED*****

Overall, this Tipi is a touch smaller than the 24 man from Kifaru, and the stove is the same size as a Kifaru Arctic. That would be about $3500 from Kifaru brand new. I feel that this package is about ¼ as awesome as that. Plus it has a few repairs, so I would like to get $500 shipped for the whole package: Includes, Tipi, stakes, stove and all accessories but not the center pole. (I don’t want to ship 12 feet of pipe)
This price is for the CONUS, I will ship internationally for the actually price difference.

Pictures are at: https://picasaweb.google.com/115489895045533921300/HeatedTipi?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCM-a8cv09tGO8AE&feat=directlink

Thanks and feel free to ask any questions.

Ben

Edited by bwortman on 02/20/2013 08:52:07 MST.

Jennifer Mitol
(Jenmitol) - M

Locale: In my dreams....
Sweet on 12/09/2012 21:47:25 MST Print View

Ok that's pretty cool.

Steven McAllister
(brooklynkayak) - MLife

Locale: Atlantic North East
Scout Troop on 12/10/2012 06:06:36 MST Print View

Sounds like a great shelter for a scout troop or any large hunting or backpacking group.

Ben Wortman
(bwortman) - M

- on 12/10/2012 08:18:29 MST Print View

-

Edited by bwortman on 01/16/2013 12:22:09 MST.

Ben Wortman
(bwortman) - M

Price Lowered on 12/11/2012 17:45:17 MST Print View

-

Edited by bwortman on 01/16/2013 12:22:52 MST.

Ben Wortman
(bwortman) - M

Super Saver on 12/17/2012 19:27:52 MST Print View

Price Dropped to $500 shipped in the CONUS. Actual difference to other locations.

Thanks

Ben

Ben Wortman
(bwortman) - M

BRRRRR!!!!!!! on 01/16/2013 12:24:32 MST Print View

Its COLD out. Get this tipi and stay warm!

Someone please buy this so I can get the backpacking tent I so long for!!!

Thanks

Ben

Ben Wortman
(bwortman) - M

Trades? on 02/06/2013 10:38:23 MST Print View

February Bump

Great lightweight substitute for a Wall Tent

$500 SHIPPED FOR THE WHOLE PACKAGE

Would also consider trades for Western Mountaineering bags or Hilleberg tents in great condition.

Thanks

Ben

Cole Crawford
(CDC43339) - F

Locale: Omaha
Awesome on 02/06/2013 12:54:26 MST Print View

Even though I'm not in the market for anything related to this, it sounds like a great deal. Awesome concept and a very good purchase for anyone base camping or moving with a large group. Bump to the top!