Forum Index » GEAR » Best UL 2 person Shelter

Display Avatars Sort By:
Henry Shires
(07100) - F - M
Re: Re: SS2 on 12/11/2012 15:44:37 MST Print View

> One things that annoyed me a bit is that the outer zip Is one way only so could not get enough ventilation in as the vents are very small.

Both zippered ends have a shockcorded elastic loop precisely so that you can stake both door edges with a single stake and then unzip for ventilation while keeping the door edges close together.

-H

Edited by 07100 on 12/11/2012 15:50:09 MST.

Henry Shires
(07100) - F - M
Re: SS2 on 12/11/2012 15:47:26 MST Print View

> The only issue we had with the tent which I haven't sought advice about from Henry or Franco because it didn't end up being too difficult to live with, was that the zips on the net tent would stick when being opened from the inside. We got around that by reaching out and opening the zip using the external zip pull. This was only a minor PITA. Anyone else have this problem Franco or Henry?

Karen, can you send me a photo and/or contact me offline. I'm not sure I understand the problem although it sounds like maybe some mesh was too close to the slider and/or bound up when opening from inside,

-H

Stephen M
(stephenm) - MLife

Locale: A very flat place (Grrrrrrrr)
Re: Re: SS2 on 12/11/2012 15:58:36 MST Print View

Hi Henry,

That's fair enough, not an option though when it's raining heavily if the wind is changing direction, a double zipper would allow the top few inches to be open with minimal rain entry, I often leave the down wind door opened using your method.

Cheers,

Henry Shires
(07100) - F - M
Re: Re: Re: SS2 on 12/11/2012 17:19:43 MST Print View

> a double zipper would allow the top few inches to be open with minimal rain entry

I don't really follow this logic. Opening the zipper up high brings the opening closer to the interior compartment and higher chances for windy rain to actually impact your living space. Opening the zipper down low where the opening is very far from your living space allows for possible rain penetration where it doesn't matter.

Edited by 07100 on 12/11/2012 17:20:27 MST.

Stephen M
(stephenm) - MLife

Locale: A very flat place (Grrrrrrrr)
Re: Re: Re: Re: SS2 on 12/11/2012 19:06:16 MST Print View

It's a feature I have used in other tents in the past as sometimes the vents are not adequate or other obstacles such as long grass or forest litter don't allow air flow form the bottom fly, in the Scarp I could get around this by raising the fly a bit on the pole.

No biggie, just my observation.

Karen Kennedy
(karenk) - MLife

Locale: NE NSW - Australian subtropics
SS2 Zips on 12/12/2012 02:57:53 MST Print View

Thanks for the response H, I will indeed take photos and send them - will take me a couple of days to get home and organise the pics. Interesting issue that I've never seen before, so I'll attempt to describe it in detail with pics.