Forum Index » Gear Deals » $100 Tenkara deal!

Display Avatars Sort By:
Nicholas Truax
(nicktruax) - F

Locale: Montanada
$100 Tenkara deal! on 12/05/2012 16:25:43 MST Print View

Not only can you get an Iwana from TenkaraUSA for a cool crisp benjamin, but Tenkara will also donate $50 of that $100 to protect fish habitat. Seems like a win-win situation if anyone is looking to try out Tenkara fishing.

Here's the link to their PIF sale:

Tenkara Pay It Forward Sale

BTW, I have no affiliation with Tenkara. But I do own an Iwana and can attest to its awesomeness!

Daniel Russell
(Superfluous_Grizzly)

Locale: Creation
Awesome! on 12/05/2012 20:38:07 MST Print View

Great deal. Wish I had the cash right now. $50 to charity too... very cool

Kenneth Houseal
(Homewardbound)
Thanks on 12/06/2012 18:52:14 MST Print View

Thanks Nick. I've been wanting to get into Tenkara, this proved to be the perfect opportunity.

Happy Trails.

Greg Mihalik
(greg23) - M

Locale: Colorado
Re: $157 Tenkara Rod, for $100, with Half to Habitat on 12/12/2012 15:38:45 MST Print View

Quick update From Tenkara USA:

"The Tenkara USA Pay It Forward Sale has been a huge success so far and we are getting close to the end. So far, in about 12 days, over $20,000 has been raised for charities that protect the environment! Thank you all.

"The two main charities at the moment will be Trout Unlimited in the USA, and Wild Trout Trust in the UK. But, there will be at the least two more to benefit, if not more."

This is ending this week.

Details on the Pay It Forward Sale can be found Here.

Edited by greg23 on 12/12/2012 15:48:20 MST.

Steven McAllister
(brooklynkayak) - MLife

Locale: Atlantic North East
Thanks on 12/13/2012 05:07:00 MST Print View

I had also been looking into a low budget method of bringing along a Tenkara rod and flies for those times when fishing is calling me.

I placed my order this morning.