Subscribe Forums Newsletter Facebook Twitter
Waterproof(-ish) running leggings
Display Avatars Sort By:
Einstein X
(EinsteinX) - F

Locale: The Netherlands
Waterproof(-ish) running leggings on 12/04/2012 13:22:39 MST Print View

Hey BPL,

It's been about a year ago since I was here. Feels good to be back!

Last weekend I was doing my weekend cycling tour. It was a rather wet and cold tour and because of that I had a great time. However, my running leggings that I wear over my cycling shorts wasn't exactly wind proof, let alone waterproof. So now I would like to get a new pair of leggings that I can use for running, skating and maybe even a small Adventure Race. What I would like to have though is leggings that are wind proof to keep my legs warm, but highly breathable as well. I'd also like it to be highly water repelling.

I have a Polartec Power Shield jacket that should be water repellent, but really isn't, so I don't like Power Shield very much. I also have an Eider Wind defender jacket that I do really like because of its water repellent abilities, but I think that fabric won't work well as a running legging.

Suggestions?

Eins

Aaron Lehoux
(aaronjayl)

Locale: Southern Maine
TNF Climateblock on 12/04/2012 13:56:20 MST Print View

Just got these a few weeks ago and we haven't had any real cold wet weather since, but so far I'm really liking The North Face Climateblock Tights. They're pretty warm and they're breathable in all the right places. Bought them for runs where the weather will be a little more than my Smartwool Hyfi tights can handle.

http://www.thenorthface.com/catalog/sc-gear/men-39-s-apex-climateblock-tight.html?cm_vc=Search

R K
(oiboyroi)

Locale: South West US
Re: Waterproof(-ish) running leggings on 12/04/2012 15:27:04 MST Print View

Check out www.foxwear.net.

Einstein X
(EinsteinX) - F

Re: TNF Climateblock on 12/05/2012 11:38:28 MST Print View

Hey Aaron,

Those thights do look pretty good indeed! It took me a while to find them though, since TNF's website first directed me to their Dutch website and it seems these tights are not for sale in the Netherlands. Eventually found them on the US website.

Probably means I cant try them before I buy them. :(

Eins

Einstein X
(EinsteinX) - F

Re: Re: Waterproof(-ish) running leggings on 12/05/2012 11:40:59 MST Print View

The Fox Wear leggings seem nice, but I doubt about the Polartec fabrics, since in my experience they do not repel water.

Eins

Justin Baker
(justin_baker) - F

Locale: Santa Rosa, CA
Re: Waterproof(-ish) running leggings on 12/05/2012 14:35:07 MST Print View

http://www.salomon.com/us/product/xa-ws-softshell-tight-m.html

Max Dilthey
(mdilthey) - M

Locale: MaxTheCyclist.com
Zappos Free Returns on 12/05/2012 16:36:28 MST Print View

You can order the TNF tights on Zappos.com; they have free returns if you don't like them.

Einstein X
(EinsteinX) - F

Re: Re: Waterproof(-ish) running leggings on 12/06/2012 13:44:48 MST Print View

I like the Salomons. Always did like Salomon.

Eins