FS It's all got to go to make room for a new quilt
Display Avatars Sort By:
John Donewar
(Newton) - MLife

Locale: Southeastern Louisiana
FS It's all got to go to make room for a new quilt on 11/29/2012 21:01:56 MST Print View

Cool Max Buff $14.00 shipped. Condition is like new.
SOLD to Chris. Thanks

Buff

UCO Micro Lantern $10.00 shipped. Never used.
Sold to Scott. Thanks

Lantern open

2 Nalgene 1.5 liter water bottles with spill guards $8.00 each or $15.00 for the pair shipped.
Sold to Scott. Thanks

Little used and in great condition

Whitebox Solo alcohol stove $12.00 shipped. Used but in great condition.
Sold to Jeremy. Thanks

Whitebox Solo

My second MYOG pack $25.00 shipped. Pack has grey silnylon extension collar sewn inside of the green pack body. 20 - 21 inch torso.
Sold to Yes. Thanks

MYOG pack

Pack with hip belt pockets and sternum strap weighs appproximately 11 ounces. I'll get a more accurate weight for anyone who is interested.

Second pack front

One full length older version of Ridgerest CCF pad. Grey and Green $16.00 shipped. Used but not abused. I believe the R value is 2.6.
Sold to Jeremy. Thanks

Old style Ridgerest STOCK PHOTO

Post here if interested. The order of the posts determines who is first in line for any item(s). PM me after posting. Payment by PayPal.

Party On,

Newton

Edited by Newton on 12/31/2012 12:30:00 MST.

Yes 1000
(mamamia)
PM on 11/30/2012 00:11:04 MST Print View

Sent

Kevin Manley
(manleyk) - F - MLife

Locale: Denver-ish
Interested in the pack on 11/30/2012 00:41:07 MST Print View

Do you have a build thread on the pack? It looks great, but I need more info (volume, material, features).

Thanks,
Kevin

John Donewar
(Newton) - MLife

Re: Interested in the pack on 11/30/2012 04:40:38 MST Print View

@Kevin and Yes,

Here is the build thread for the MYOG pack.

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=5881&skip_to_post=219354#219354

Please note that the build thread for this pack starts from this point which is the second post on the page that the link brings you to. Clicking on show all makes it appear approximately 2/3rds down the page.

The pack is constructed of green PU coated nylon rip stop, grey and green "stretchy" polyester/nylon material and 3/4" webbing which could be nylon or polyester. It's been a long time. ;-)

The torso size is non-adjustable. I carried this pack with a full (wet weight) load of approximately 23 - 25 pounds using the burrito packing method on the AT in 2010.

;-)

Re: pack volume.

The measurements of the pack are;

Torso length 21" (measured from shoulder strap attachment point to center of hip belt webbing).

Pack is 21.5" x 12" x 5" (measured from shoulder strap attachment point to bottom).
1290 ci.
Upper pockets are 5.5" x 5" x 2" times 2 pockets.
55 ci.
Water bottle pockets are 3" x 8.5" x 5" times 2 pockets.
255 ci.
Front pocket is 12" x 14" x 2".
336 ci.

Total pack volume works out to 1936 ci including pockets.

Extension collar will (approximately) add another 420 ci for a total of 2356 ci.

All measurements in italics are averages of pocket depth. H x W x depth.

The extension collar when used adds volume for extra food etc. When not needed for the extra volume it can still be cinched closed to aid in keeping pack contents drier.

Note: This pack was used with a trash compactor bag to keep contents dry.

Thanks for all the interest in my pack. ;-)

Party On,

Newton

Edited by Newton on 11/30/2012 06:12:29 MST.

William Roddey
(DraicKin) - F

Locale: Southeast
MYOG pack on 11/30/2012 05:51:11 MST Print View

I will buy the pack if Kevin passes.

John Donewar
(Newton) - MLife

Re: MYOG pack on 11/30/2012 06:24:03 MST Print View

@Bubba,

Yes and Kevin have both expressed interest in the pack.

The order is;

"Yes" is first, Kevin is second and Bubba is third.

Yes responded by PM early in the wee morning hours and Kevin posted and PM'd about an hour later. Both were asking for more information which I have posted above.

Bubba is the only one who has offered to buy the pack outright.

If Yes and Kevin pass the pack goes to Bubba.

Party On,

Newton

Note: I will break out the scale and get a more accurate weight of the pack + sternum strap + hip belt and pockets.

John Donewar
(Newton) - MLife

Re: FS MYOG pack details on 11/30/2012 07:03:12 MST Print View

The actual pack weight with sternum strap and hip belt with pockets is

11.90 ounces.

Notes:

1.) Omitted from the pack information that the hip belt used to only be comprised of webbing. After my 2010 hike I modified the pack to include hip belt pads on both sides in addition to the webbing and hip belt pockets.

2.) Also the hip belt pockets volume was omitted from my earlier post. They add a little more volume overall. The pockets measure 1.75" x 3" x 9" times two pockets.

Hip belt pocket volume total is 94.5 ci for the two pockets in addition to the rest of the pack's volume.

All totaled the volume works out to approximately 2450.5 ci with a main bag volume of 1290 ci as posted earlier.

The hip belt pads measure 3" x 10" x 3/8". W x L x thickness. The shoulder strap padding is the same thickness. All the padding is closed cell foam.

Party On,

Newton

Edited by Newton on 11/30/2012 07:08:07 MST.

Scott Ireland
(WinterWarlock) - MLife

Locale: Western NY
PM Sent on 11/30/2012 07:13:32 MST Print View

I'll take the lantern and both nalgenes

John Donewar
(Newton) - MLife

Re: ... lantern and both nalgenes. on 11/30/2012 07:39:57 MST Print View

The lantern and both Nalgenes are sold pending funds to Scott.

Party On,

Newton

Kevin Manley
(manleyk) - F - MLife

Locale: Denver-ish
Pack on 11/30/2012 08:30:51 MST Print View

I thought I might be second, which is probably for the best. I'm one of those guys who is all leg. If Yes falls through, i might try to make it work anyway; great looking pack!

Kevin

John Donewar
(Newton) - MLife

Re: "I thought I might be second..." on 11/30/2012 08:35:48 MST Print View

Thanks Kevin

Party On,

Newton

John Donewar
(Newton) - MLife

Re: FS It's all got to go to make room for a new quilt on 11/30/2012 08:46:12 MST Print View

Remaining items removed by seller

Party On,

Newton

Edited by Newton on 12/31/2012 12:34:40 MST.

John Donewar
(Newton) - MLife

Re: Re: FS It's all got to go to make room for a new quilt on 11/30/2012 19:48:43 MST Print View

@Jeremy,

I sent you a PM.

Party On,

Newton

Edit:

Thank you Jeremy ;-)

I see the funds and I have your shipping info.

Party On,

Newton

Edited by Newton on 12/01/2012 08:47:50 MST.

John Donewar
(Newton) - MLife

Re: Re: Re: FS It's all got to go to make room for a new quilt on 12/01/2012 08:53:30 MST Print View

@Scott,

@Bhaskar,

and

@Jeremy,

All of your items are being boxed up and addressed this morning. If I'm really lucky I'll get them to the Post Office this morning before they close at noon.

If I don't make it today then everything will ship out by Monday or at the latest Tuesday.

I hope that works out for everyone.

Thanks again.

Party On,

Newton

John Donewar
(Newton) - MLife

Sold Items Ship Today on 12/03/2012 04:50:18 MST Print View

Like the title of this post says...

Thank you to all who made purchases. I'm well on my way to putting a new Enlightened Equipment down quilt underneath my Christmas tree. ;-)

Thanks again.

Party On,

Newton

John Donewar
(Newton) - MLife

Re: Sold Items Ship Today on 12/03/2012 11:01:33 MST Print View

@Scott, Bhaskar and Jeremy,

All items were shipped this morning via USPS priority mail with tracking on each.

Your packages should arrive by Thursday or Friday.

Individual emails with your tracking numbers will be sent this evening.

Thanks again.

Party On,

Newton

John Donewar
(Newton) - MLife

FS 8' x 10' Flat Polyester Spinnaker tarp. on 12/03/2012 12:08:29 MST Print View

Tarp is sold to David. Thanks

Back in August of 2010 I made this flat tarp out of Polymax 42 "spinnaker" fabric.

A frame pitch

Diagonal pitch

This tarp is 8' x 10' and flat in configuration.

According to...

http://www.challengesailcloth.com/nylon.htm

... the fabric weight is DPL42 Polymax 42 (0.75 oz.)

What is unclear is whether or not that weight is per square meter, square yard or sailmaker's yard (28.5" x 36").

The lack of a catenary curve doesn't make the A frame pitch the tightest of pitches but I gave that up for the flat configuration and multiple pitch options.

This tarp has remained unused since it was built. It was only pitched in my back yard as pictured above.

I've been tempted to modify this flat tarp into a shaped tarp by adding a catenary curve and shaping it to look more like the one I sold a while back.

Zippered beak sil tarp

The difference will be that I will not be adding the beaks to the front or rear.

You can stop me from doing this if you'd like by purchasing this tarp from me.

At present it is for sale at a price of $55.00 shipped. This price includes the silnylon stuff sack that it is stored in presently.

Notes:

The tarp is seam sealed. During the seam sealing process one of the tieouts stitching was stressed to the point that the needle holes could have light show through them. I applied "extra seam sealer to those needle holes.

As I understand it this material is PU coated on one side and silicone coated on the other. It is referred to as Polyester Spinnaker. The tarp is constructed so that the PU side is down and the silicone coated side is up.

If you are interested post here or PM me. It has some lines attached as it sits in its stuff sack. I'll post a weight of the tarp with those lines and in the stuff sack later this evening.

Here is the link to the construction thread on this flat tarp.

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=35554

Thanks for looking.

Party On,

Newton

Edited by Newton on 12/03/2012 17:46:05 MST.

John Donewar
(Newton) - MLife

Re: FS 8' x 10' Flat Polyester Spinnaker tarp. on 12/03/2012 15:10:58 MST Print View

@Spelt,

The weight of the flat tarp is 14.60 ounces with lines attached, seam sealed and in the stuff sack.

BTW the packed size in the stuff sack is 9.5" x 6.5" x 6" although it will compress further.

Tarp in stuff sack

Tarp in stuff sack 2

Party On,

Newton

Edited by Newton on 12/03/2012 16:17:56 MST.

David Adair
(DavidAdair) - M

Locale: West Dakota
Re: Re: FS 8' x 10' Flat Polyester Spinnaker tarp. on 12/03/2012 16:14:53 MST Print View

John- I'll take it if it's not already spoken for.
PM sent
David

John Donewar
(Newton) - MLife

Re: Re: Re: FS 8' x 10' Flat Polyester Spinnaker tarp. on 12/03/2012 16:40:29 MST Print View

@David,

Spelt! was the first to respond with a question about the tarp's weight. Since he was the first to show interest I'd like to give "Spelt!" first chance at it.

If I get no further response from "Spelt!" then the tarp will go to David who is next in line.

If this is agreeable to all I'll wait a sufficient amount of time for a response from Spelt!. If he shows no further interest I'll move on to David who is next in line.

Party On,

Newton

Update:

From Spelt! via PM.

"Hi Newton,
I release my dibs to David. David, enjoy!"

So the tarp is sold to David. Thanks

Party On,

Newton

Edited by Newton on 12/03/2012 17:46:55 MST.