Pillow alternative
Display Avatars Sort By:
Brett Peugh
(bpeugh) - F - M

Locale: Midwest
my findings on 12/05/2012 16:40:38 MST Print View

I have Montbell stuff sack for the Alpine down jacket that I use for keeping extra clothes and other objects in. I took a piece of a Gossamer Gear Nightlite pad that I had cut down to and rolled this inside the stuff sack with the bumpy ends in. It didn't cover the entire circumference but was pretty close only leaving about a 1-2" gap. I then stuffed in my extra pair of underwear, socks and the extra T shirt along with my rain wear. I stacked my sandals on top of one another and then put the stuff sack on top of this with the missing pad section down so it fit over the sandals. I can also slip my sandals inside. I can also use some clothing wrapped filled water bladders, my R2 if I do not need it, etc for some more height. It is not the best but it is the best I have found so far. I can get about 4" that is firm but not too firm. Thanks for all the advice.

Mark Andrews
(buldogge) - F

Locale: Midwest
Pillow Sack on 12/05/2012 16:49:24 MST Print View

I use the Granite Gear pillow silnylon stuff sack. It has a fleece face on one side and weighs 2 oz. In goes my spare socks/clothes, down insulation, etc.

-Mark in St. Louis