Forum Index » Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 5th Annual Bay Area G.G.G. aka GGG 5.0 1/25-27, 2013 Henry W Coe

Display Avatars Sort By:
Tony Wong
(Valshar) - MLife

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area
Re: capacity crowd on 01/22/2013 14:19:23 MST Print View

DK,

I think that each site can hold 50 people, so we must have hit 100, which is a record.

Last year we had about 75.

-Tony

Frank H.
(porker110)

Locale: California
5th Annual Bay Area G.G.G. aka GGG 5.0 1/25-27, 2013 Henry W Coe on 01/22/2013 15:37:03 MST Print View

Howdy,

With that many people coming I hope someone is bringing a Z Packs Hexamid solo/solo plus. I've been wanting to see what of those in person for quite some time.

-Frank

d k
(dkramalc) - MLife
Re: Re: capacity crowd on 01/22/2013 15:37:37 MST Print View

Thanks, Tony - in that case, I guess that 4 double batches of brownies are called for (I did 3 last year). Guess I know what I'm doing on Friday :) I'm just glad that the "shuttle" will be operating Sat. morning!

Lyan Jordan
(redmonk)

Locale: Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem
Rain on 01/22/2013 16:39:06 MST Print View

What happens if it rains, obviously we hike in and camp, but with regards to support vehicles ?

Homeless lady i see everyday told me it is supposed to rain, and she is as reliable as the weather reports.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife
Re: capacity crowd on 01/22/2013 18:40:11 MST Print View

70+

Some for the day.

Most for overnight on Sat.

A good size crowd on Friday night.

I won't be alone on Thurs. night at the car campground either.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife
GGG & Rain on 01/22/2013 18:56:15 MST Print View

I see a chance. We will have all the heavy stuff in Friday morning.

The park staff was very helpful previously with hauling stuff in with their own vehicle.

Tony Wong
(Valshar) - MLife

Re: Rain on 01/22/2013 18:58:45 MST Print View

Cameron,

Looking forward to seeing you there...been a while.

Regarding the support vehicles, we are allowed to take them with the Ranger's approval, depending on the road conditions.

If the road in is a mucky mud puddle, I am guessing they won't allow us in out of concern for the vehicle to getting stuck.

If we don't have the support vehicles, life gets a little more challenging.

By the way...I heard that you were feeling ill a month ago and were not able to brew any of your beer for the GGG. This true???

Ken....any chance that we could have the support vehicles go in on Friday to drop off wood and some other supplies?

Forecast is for possible rain on Saturday, but not Friday????

That might us the chance to make sure we have the critical stuff in place before the rains hit.

-Tony

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife
Re: Rain on 01/22/2013 19:14:52 MST Print View

Marc, I and the wood, water get there Thurs. Maybe Ranger Nabor will let us in.

My forecast says 20% for Fri. and 30% on Sat.

So a forecast of 70-80% of no rain.

Edited by kthompson on 01/22/2013 19:23:06 MST.

Kevin Garrison
(kgarrison) - MLife

Locale: SF Bay Area
Perfect on 01/22/2013 22:14:19 MST Print View

Ken, thanks. I look forward to meeting the group.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife
5th GGG last call. on 01/23/2013 06:24:38 MST Print View

To everyone who RSVP. Thank You

Last call for campers.

You have until this evening to speak up.

It's finally here!

Read updated first post for latest information.

Drive safe everyone.

Windy, rainy and kinda cold here today.

Elizabeth Tracy
(mariposa) - M

Locale: Outside
Anyone driving up JUST for Saturday? on 01/23/2013 09:17:30 MST Print View

I'm thinking of driving up just to spend all day Saturday. (No overnights).

Anyone interested in carpooling from East Bay to do that? Leave very early morning; return at dusk/dark by headlamp.

- Elizabeth

Rick Horne
(Rick778) - M

Locale: NorCal - South Bay - Campbell
Re: Geocaching Activity for Kids at Henry Coe on 01/23/2013 09:43:28 MST Print View

Manfred

It would be great if my daughter could borrow a GPS. Also, great if you did a little "how to class". Neither her or I have used a GPS.

See you all Friday night!

Manfred Kopisch
(Orienteering) - F - M
GPS Loaners and Class on 01/23/2013 09:52:23 MST Print View

Rick,

No problem. I will bring seven GPS receivers that are set up for the geocaches and ready to go. How-to classes will be offered for anyone who asks - whether they have their own GPS or take a loaner.

Looking forward to see you Friday,

Manfred

Marc Eldridge
(meld) - MLife

Locale: The here and now.
Re: 5th Annual Bay Area G.G.G. aka GGG 5.0 1/25-27, 2013 Henry W Coe on 01/23/2013 17:38:19 MST Print View

Wood and water loaded. Will head up tomorrow morning. I have #14 for tomorrow night.

Tony Wong
(Valshar) - MLife

Re: 5th Annual Bay Area G.G.G. aka GGG 5.0 1/25-27, 2013 Henry W Coe on 01/23/2013 17:53:41 MST Print View

Marc,

Just wanted to give out a big THANK YOU for all that you have done for us and the GGG over the past years.

Having all that wood and water has made a huge difference for everyone.

I can think of how cold it was two years ago...it would have been pretty miserable without the raging fire we had to keep us toasty warm.

Looking forward to seeing you again.....will be there Friday afternoon.

-Tony

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife
GGG Gear Shuttle on 01/23/2013 18:04:24 MST Print View

@ Jack Elliot et al. We are planning to drive Ron's van in on Saturday. Don't have any idea when they will be getting there. They are driving straight from Salt Lake City and the Outdoor Retailer show. It's only 3 miles to camp. Bring your bike. Everything will work out just fine. Don't stress.

Michael Driscoll
(Hillhikerz) - M

Locale: Monterey Bay
? on parking permit on 01/23/2013 18:40:01 MST Print View

"Buy your parking permit($8, try not to need change, checks OK) at the HQ and go park in the overflow lot down the hill a bit from the HQ"

I plan on coming up Fri. And staying until Sun. Afternoon ?...how much should I make the check out for the parking... Thanks for all this...

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife
Re: ? on parking permit on 01/23/2013 19:00:21 MST Print View

My bad $8 per night.

George Maung
(georgemaung) - F

Locale: BayArea
Thanks Ken on 01/23/2013 21:13:10 MST Print View

Thanks for organizing the event Ken.

I will try to get off work and I will bring my Bike Friday if I come.

Thanks.

Tony Wong
(Valshar) - MLife

Bring Cash for Parking- Credit Card Machine is Down on 01/23/2013 22:21:25 MST Print View

Just a heads up everyone.

I received a call from Ranger John this evening regarding the parking situation at Henry Coe.

Apparently, their credit card machine is down and there is no guarantee that it will be up and running by the time we get there.

So cover your bases and have cash in hand, just in case.

Now I just need to start packing my food.....

-Tony