5th Annual Bay Area G.G.G. aka GGG 5.0 1/25-27, 2013 Henry W Coe
Display Avatars Sort By:
d k
(dkramalc) - MLife
Re: Gearswap @ Henry Coe. on 01/12/2013 12:45:27 MST Print View

What time Saturday morning will the gear shuttle take off? I want to know how early I need to get the brownies there...

Justin Baker
(justin_baker) - F

Locale: Santa Rosa, CA
Re: Re: Re: 5th Annual Bay Area G.G.G. aka GGG 5.0 1/25-27, 2013 Henry W Coe on 01/12/2013 14:59:34 MST Print View

David, that sounds good. I am driving a ford taurus which has a decent trunk, so there should be room for your gear. I'm only bringing a pack.

To PM someone, click on their name which takes you to their profile. From there, click the "Send a Personal Message" link. The personal messages get sent by email.

When it gets closer to the event, I will send you my phone number and you can send me your address.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: Brownies @ Henry Coe. on 01/12/2013 15:10:39 MST Print View

How about mid morning? 10ish?

d k
(dkramalc) - MLife
Re: Re: Brownies @ Henry Coe. on 01/12/2013 17:03:41 MST Print View

"How about mid morning? 10ish?"

I think that should be do-able. Thanks.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

5th Annual Bay Area G.G.G. aka GGG 5.0 1/25-27, 2013 Henry W Coe on 01/13/2013 08:44:57 MST Print View

Don't think it's too late to sign up. Still have some room. It'll be over and done two weeks from now. Don't miss out on a good time.

Eugene Smith
(Eugeneius) - MLife

Locale: Nuevo Mexico
Re: 5th Annual Bay Area G.G.G. aka GGG 5.0 1/25-27, 2013 Henry W Coe on 01/13/2013 13:18:29 MST Print View

I've started an amazing and promising Kickstarter to fund my trip to Henry W. Coe for the GGG 5.0 on Jan 25. Thanks for your consideration people! So far, I've raised .5% of my goal, but with your help, can hopefully make that Greyhound bus ticket (I'm FAA flight banned until 2014) a reality.

There are several Pledge amounts available. As a backer, I promise you that I'll deliver on my.... promises, in a timely manner.

Pledge $.50 or more: Receive unconditional esbit deposit removal from your cook pot bottom for the duration of your stay at the GGG. I'll even snuff out unused esbit tabs for when you want to heat up your cocoa later.

Pledge $5 or more: Backers at this ground level will not only receive esbit soot removal from their pot, they will also receive kindling preparation for their wood stove use. Even better, I'll scrape the charred Idahoan instant mashed potatoes from your pot as well, so you can sit back in a sodium laden comatose state.

Pledge $10: Tired of lugging that frameless UL pack loaded with a case of beer into Henry Coe? Don't feel like setting up that 4oz. cuben tarp or inflating that 1.5lb down air mattress you brought along? Crack open that beer and dump your pack on the ground, let me take care of setup and breakdown. That's right, I'll be your very own GGG 5.0 concierge. I'm just an emergency whistle blow away.

Pledge $20: Receive one HD (1080p 60fps) DVD copy of your experience at GGG 5.0 as seen from the non-invasive and completely discrete perspective of my personal surveillance drone. Have you ever wondered what that 3-season down parka looks like on you from above? Now you don't have to!

Pledge $50: You did it! Good for you, you won't regret funding this amazing project at the highest level possible. Not only will you receive all the lesser item's promised to those cheaper Pledgers, you will get to ride back to New Mexico on the Greyhound bus with me (*this comes out of your pledge money) and share a night out on the town for a plate of the best green chile enchiladas in the world.

Together, we can make this happen.

Kickstarter Campaign- Destination: GGG 5.0

Frank H.
(porker110) - F

Locale: California
5th Annual Bay Area G.G.G. aka GGG 5.0 1/25-27, 2013 Henry W Coe on 01/13/2013 13:22:19 MST Print View

Strange.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Re: 5th Annual Bay Area G.G.G. aka GGG 5.0 1/25-27, 2013 Henry W Coe on 01/13/2013 13:47:15 MST Print View

I'm sending $50 right away!

I also watched that whole video.

awesome.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

A lot to do at Henry Coe! on 01/13/2013 15:25:41 MST Print View

Don't come too late in the day Saturday. Many things going on. It goes by real fast.

Frank H.
(porker110) - F

Locale: California
5th Annual Bay Area G.G.G. aka GGG 5.0 1/25-27, 2013 Henry W Coe on 01/13/2013 16:29:12 MST Print View

Howdy,

Just wondering is there a specific time we should be showing up on Friday or just when ever.

I assume we should park in the over flow parking lot?

-Frank

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Re: 5th Annual Bay Area G.G.G. aka GGG 5.0 1/25-27, 2013 Henry W Coe on 01/13/2013 16:32:29 MST Print View

Friday people tend to trickle in all day. Don't forget to factor in the time for the hike from the parking lot to camp. Approx. 3.5 miles.

Yes on the overflow lot. Get your pass first.

Justin Baker
(justin_baker) - F

Locale: Santa Rosa, CA
Re: Re: 5th Annual Bay Area G.G.G. aka GGG 5.0 1/25-27, 2013 Henry W Coe on 01/14/2013 14:49:11 MST Print View

Do you know about what time the support vehicle will bring everything back to the parking lot on Sunday?

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Re: 5th Annual Bay Area G.G.G. aka GGG 5.0 1/25-27, 2013 Henry W Coe on 01/14/2013 16:46:47 MST Print View

We have to vacate by 11AM

I've, well you do too, have a long drive. I'll be headed out before then.

Mike Oxford
(moxford) - MLife

Locale: Silicon Valley, CA
Bugs and poison oak on 01/14/2013 17:38:08 MST Print View

Just a note, Coe is serious tick-country. The ticks don't seem to mind DEET (though Permethrin works normally.)

They're on the weeds, in the trees and, well, everywhere.

if you pitch on/near the grass or under a tree, you might be quite surprised. Inners/nets/nests and tick checks at your own discretion. (The CO2 in your breath makes them active and drop out of the trees.)

Check frequently after hiking, and watch for poison oak which, this time of year, is hard to see and identify due to no leaves. Do your research ahead of time or prepare for the Urushiol Ball (feat: DJs Itchy and Scratchy)

Zanfel (no affiliation) has numerous converts but it's expensive. Cheaper to just stay out of it. :)

G'luck and stay healthy!

-mox

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Re: Good advice on 01/14/2013 18:01:28 MST Print View

We have experienced both of these joys of nature at Coe. Just like anywhere else outside, be aware of your surroundings.

James DeGraaf
(jdegraaf) - MLife

Locale: Bay Area
Room? on 01/15/2013 08:37:23 MST Print View

Due to work schedule conflicts I will no longer be able to make it for the entire weekend but will try to get out for time on Saturday. Thanks for putting this together!
-James

Edited by jdegraaf on 01/21/2013 15:14:22 MST.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Re: Room? on 01/15/2013 16:47:54 MST Print View

We will be glad to see you there James.

Still room for about a dozen. We can always get the adjoining spot if needed. Staff at Coe have always been great to work with.

Edited by kthompson on 01/15/2013 18:57:59 MST.

Aaron Sorensen
(awsorensen) - MLife

Locale: South of Forester Pass
Re: Re: Room? on 01/15/2013 17:55:48 MST Print View

Me too.

I'll be there.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

5th Annual Bay Area G.G.G. on 01/15/2013 21:25:15 MST Print View

in ten days...

Still some room for camping. Feel free to come out for the day on Saturday too.

Please read the first post in this thread before PMing me with any questions. If the answer is not there then please feel free to ask.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Re: 5th Annual Bay Area G.G.G. on 01/16/2013 06:33:28 MST Print View

9 days away. I leave in 8

Thanks in advance to those who are making some long drives to be there. And to those who will fly in, doubly so.