"Little Vicky" Victorinox utility knife on sale at REI for $6.69
Display Avatars Sort By:
John Coyle
(Bigsac)

Locale: NorCal
"Little Vicky" Victorinox utility knife on sale at REI for $6.69 on 11/25/2012 14:01:53 MST Print View

This is a small thing, but sometimes a small thing can be a great pleasure. I have made a habit of visiting my local Sacramento REI after going to church at my favorite Franciscan church here. Today was no different. I have been interested in this little knife after Roger Caffin mentioned it in his article about touring Europe a few years ago. The problem is, the one on Amazon has no knife guard, as far as I know. This one has a knife guard, is serrated, and is cheaper than the Amazon one. It wasn't marked as a sale item on the isle, but it came up as a sale item at the register. I think it makes a good backpacking knife. The sale only lasts until Nov. 26, but I think it is a good deal at the full REI price also.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: "Little Vicky" Victorinox utility knife on sale at REI for $6.69 on 11/25/2012 14:08:48 MST Print View

Some more info on the knife.

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=67201

Dale Wambaugh
(dwambaugh) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest
Re: "Little Vicky" Victorinox utility knife on sale at REI for $6.69 on 11/25/2012 16:22:42 MST Print View

It is a super bargain (normally $9.95). I've bought the same knife with a plastic sleeve in commercial fishing supplies for $4.50 or so, but you will want some sort of protection with it in your pack-- they are shaving sharp. Fishermen call them net knives and they use them like disposable razors. It is great for food prep and general repairs. Buy a couple-- you will want one in the kitchen after you try one.

Mark Rash
(markrvp) - M

Locale: North Texas
Free Shipping on 11/25/2012 17:26:48 MST Print View

Just bought one online and shipping was free.