Forum Index » Gear Swap » FS: Montbell, REI, Mountain Hardwear, Granite Gear, EMS, Patagonia, Snow Peak

Display Avatars Sort By:
Scott Chassey
(schassey) - F

Locale: Bay Area
FS: Montbell, REI, Mountain Hardwear, Granite Gear, EMS, Patagonia, Snow Peak on 11/25/2012 12:07:10 MST Print View

Cleaning out the gear closet and have a mixture of LW and not-so LW gear for sale. Please PM me if you are interested in any of the items.

Montbell U.L. Super Stretch Alpine Down Hugger #5
The "Alpine" bags were zipperless "super stretch" bags that featured a draw cord at the top of the bottom most baffle to allow you to customize the size of the footbox/length of the bag. Basically, you can pull some portion of the bottom baffle up into the baffle above it so as to shorten the bag and minimize the dead air space. Pretty clever. I also used this feature to stuff the entirety of the bag into the bottom baffle and cinch it up, saving the weight of the stuff sack. Used about half a dozen times, in near perfect shape except that I had cut the tags off immediately after buying it. Complete with 2 stage 'compression' stuff sack and cotton storage bag. $150
Montbell bag w/sacks
montbell bag full length

REI Quarter Done T3 (2012 model)
I rescued this from a REI used gear sale this summer with the intention of giving it to my brother-in-law. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it that I could find at all- only way you can tell it was from the used sale is from the silver X's. Before gifting it away, I set it up twice in my backyard and shower tested it with my lawn hose- not a single drip. Unfortunately, it was a bit too small for my sister's family as her husband is 6'4" and they couldn't fit in comfortably with their son as we had hoped. It was used by them car camping 1 night. Comes complete with all guylines, stakes, instructions, etc as new from the store. $175
Tent fly
tent body
tent packed

Mountain Hardware Phantom Anorak
Great windshell that I used for a few years (maybe 7-8 trips) before I decided I wanted a hooded windshell. It's a men's medium and is in perfect shape with one minor exception- one wrist has a bit of thread that has pulled loose. Seam is still perfect, it's just a bit of a dangling thread, but I wanted to mention it. You could tie it off and trim the excess it and it would be as new. $30
Anorak
phantom size

EMS zippered sweatshirt
More of a fashion piece than a technical piece, but I never wear it so I thought I'd put it up here to see if someone likes it better than I do. Men's size small, two zippered hand pockets. Worn maybe 2-3 times around town. $20
EMS size
EMS

Granite Gear Stratus Latitude
Bought this 3 years ago when I thought I'd be doing more winter trips, and it's sat in my closet ever since. Pretty sure I have the tags around here somewhere. Used on one overnight trip- it has absolutely no wear or anything on it at all. Size regular torso, with men's medium trim shoulder straps and men's medium hipbelt. An absolutely fantastic winter/mountaineering bag IMO, bombproof, narrow and lightweight (76 oz) for how sturdy and spacious it is. $150
GG SL

Patagonia Capilene Shirt
Size men's small, Cap2 Lightweight short sleeve T in a light green. $15
green

I also have a Snowpeak Trek 700 titanium pot complete with mesh carry bag in as new condition, but I didn't bother taking pics- would be glad to for the curious. $30

Thanks for looking!

Edited by schassey on 12/02/2012 12:17:14 MST.

Ralph Charleston
(mtbphoto) - F

Locale: Eastern Sierra
Anorak on 11/25/2012 15:55:20 MST Print View

Interested in the Mountain Hardwear Anorak. email me: mtbphoto(at)gmail com

Maris L
(Ablaut) - F
Pm sent on 11/25/2012 18:12:29 MST Print View

...for Cap 1 s/s and Cap 2 l/s.

Scott Chassey
(schassey) - F

Edits on 11/26/2012 11:26:20 MST Print View

Updated sold items.

Maris L
(Ablaut) - F
Friendly bump on 11/26/2012 15:47:12 MST Print View

Thanks for shipping out the shirts quickly!

Scott Chassey
(schassey) - F

A few edits on 12/02/2012 12:12:33 MST Print View

To better describe Montbell bag.