Christmas wish list
Display Avatars Sort By:
Ben Smith
(bsmith_90) - F - M

Locale: Epping Forest
re: Christmas wish list on 11/25/2012 08:43:32 MST Print View

@Mark - a personal sherpa; the ultimate in ultralight backpacking?

Nick Gatel
(ngatel) - MLife

Locale: Southern California
Re: Christmas wish list on 11/25/2012 23:47:50 MST Print View

I need to update mine. I still hope Doug will find a super lady. In the mean time, I asked Santa for a Sony RX100 camera. She said yes and ordered it online today. She says I can't open it until Dec 25th though. Santa rocks!!

Raquel Rascal
(flutingaround)

Locale: Rocky Mtn. West
hmm. on 11/26/2012 08:05:05 MST Print View

The agnostic in me thinks "whatever. not likely there is a REAL santa claus". But in the mythical land of Christmas and candy canes, I would ask Santa for a Hilleberg Soulo. Yah, that would be *real* nice.

Gary Dunckel
(Zia-Grill-Guy) - MLife

Locale: Boulder
I'm worried about Santa on 11/27/2012 07:24:32 MST Print View

I've been pining for a Cap 4 hoody, so I ordered one from Backcountry.com on Friday. In Salt Lake, they gave it to Santa for delivery. Then the route to Boulder, CO went through Louisville, KY and Billings, MT on its way to Colorado. It should arrive today. But I'm thinking Santa was sipping egg nog or something, and got his route all screwed up.

Raquel Rascal
(flutingaround)

Locale: Rocky Mtn. West
@ Gary on 11/27/2012 07:48:31 MST Print View

lol..congrats on the Cap 4. I saw them in person at Neptune this weekend and wow are they nice and fashionable (esp. compared to my $37 military issue).

Gary Dunckel
(Zia-Grill-Guy) - MLife

Locale: Boulder
@ Rascal on 11/27/2012 08:43:15 MST Print View

"...wow are they nice and fashionable." Yeah, that's me, Rascal--nice and quite fashionable. I'll do anything to earn the respect of my back yard bunnies and squirrels.

Nico .
(NickB) - MLife

Locale: Los Padres National Forest
Christmas wish list on 11/27/2012 09:35:21 MST Print View

I'm wishing for more free time away from house projects and work.

Winter's here, I want to get out there!

Mary D
(hikinggranny) - MLife

Locale: Gateway to Columbia River Gorge
Christmas wish list on 11/27/2012 12:25:02 MST Print View

Amazingly, there's nothing related to backpacking on this year's wish list. I don't even have a wish list this year! Supposedly the family is giving me a new computer--mine still works but has definitely exceeded its useful life.

My main wish is for no more injuries/illness for either me or my aging dog next spring and summer so I can actually spend the time backpacking for a change!

Edited by hikinggranny on 11/27/2012 12:33:28 MST.

Tom Kirchner
(ouzel) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest/Sierra
Re: Christmas wish list on 11/27/2012 17:19:14 MST Print View

"My main wish is for no more injuries/illness for either me or my aging dog next spring and summer so I can actually spend the time backpacking for a change!"

Here's hoping Santa is listening. And that you've been good. ;)

The priceless gift of good health should be at the top of everyone's list, but you usually have to have a few hundred thousand miles on life's odometer before you start to figure that out.