Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
'12 JMT gear reflections
Display Avatars Sort By:
Josh Greninger
(travis.bickle)
'12 JMT gear reflections on 11/21/2012 20:32:07 MST Print View

moved to Gear forum.

Edited by travis.bickle on 11/21/2012 23:09:16 MST.

Kenneth Jacobs
(f8less) - F

Locale: Midwest
Clothing Setup on 11/21/2012 20:54:17 MST Print View

What was all the clothing (worn and carried) that you took with you? How tall are you and how much do you weight, in what size Zpacks bag?

TIA

KJ

Jim Sweeney
(swimjay) - MLife

Locale: Northern California
Gear deals on 11/21/2012 21:51:19 MST Print View

Not sure this belongs in gear deals, but think your reflections very interesting. Will use "watch this thread" and hope it works if you move it. (to Gear?)

Have you considered getting a two person quilt? Enlightened Equipment is now making them, and I've ordered one which should be here soon. Anticipate shared warmth will really up the efficiency, and of course, more importantly,...

Agree that food is mysterious. For me the magic food is high quality salami. No dithering about do you like your salami sliced thin or thick? Just bite its head off. Allowed me to go cookless for 9 days, but I lost 10 pounds. tortillas, cashew--almond butter, dates, brazil nuts, electrolyte replacement drink, also favorites.

Have been cold in my Zpacks 20 deg., temps in the mid to high 20's at altitude, in a bivy sack, hours spent awake. Sleeping pills sound hard core! Had a neo-air, think I needed something warmer under me. Not sure about the Zpack foot design --0 loft where everything comes together down there.

Edited by swimjay on 11/21/2012 21:58:18 MST.

Justice Baker
(jkokbaker)

Locale: Central Oregon
Re: '12 JMT gear reflections on 11/21/2012 22:58:16 MST Print View

Thanks for the jerky, it was awesome, I was glad to get rid of some Payday bars. I like the idea of more variety and hot drinks every night, especially at the end on a cold night on top of Whitney. Thanks again for your encouragement on the long final day.