Forum Index » Gear Swap » WTB - big shoes!

Display Avatars Sort By:
Ben Gardner
(tasben) - M

Locale: Tassie
WTB - big shoes! on 11/19/2012 05:29:28 MST Print View

It's my birthday and I have been given the gift of some time off baby duty to play on BPL!

I tried again today in Hobart, Tasmania to find some minimalist shoes. We now have Merrel Trail gloves in a few shops and there was one pair of New Balance Minimus.. but all too small and larger sizes not available until January next year. They didn't have any large Trail gloves but I tried another Merrel model with similar last at size US13 which was too short and too narrow. Shop assistants had to reluctantly say, 'You'll have to try online!'.

I'm trying to find a US 14 minimalist shoe with some width! I've tried a few times to get shoes online but have had great difficulty. I've looked at various Australian forums and seems many people have the same trouble with finding shoes with width also)

So.. I'm hoping to find some used models to try for fit and get a general feel for comfort before committing to ordering a new pair. Does anyone have anything that fits this description? I'm happy to pay for shipping and money towards the shoes if there's life left in them.

Thanks

Ben

Edited by tasben on 11/19/2012 06:14:15 MST.

John Abela
(JohnAbela) - MLife

Locale: www.hikelighter.com
Re: WTB - big shoes! on 11/19/2012 18:29:29 MST Print View

Hey Ben,

I recently switched from using the Inov-8 X-Talon 212's to the Inov-8 Trailroc 245 because of the much larger toebox that they offer.

I just looked over at runningwarehouse and they had both the Trailroc 245 in size 14-D and they also have the slightly more rugged Trailroc 255 in size 14-D.

They do accept international orders and use PayPal if that would be of any help to you.

-Abela

Jeremy Gustafson
(gustafsj) - MLife

Locale: Minneapolis
Re: WTB - big shoes! on 11/19/2012 20:04:08 MST Print View

Try the Altra Samson's. I have them in the 13s and there are plenty wide for me. I don't know how easy it is to get them there short of going online, but take a look. If you pay for shipping both ways, i will let you try mine on. With winter coming, I wont use them untilmspring. I will be running only in my vivobarefoot breatho trails.

They are becoming quite easy to find here in the states, so maybe somebody over there has them available.

Ben Gardner
(tasben) - M

Locale: Tassie
thanks for the info on 11/20/2012 04:24:37 MST Print View

Thanks guys for the info.. I've contacted Running Warehouse re shipping.. often the sting is in the shipping when you buy from a business in the States.. they are often obliged to use the more expensive trackable (which does have some benefits) option rather than USPS first class international. I can accept that if I have to but not when I'm not sure if they'll fit.. not an easy size to re-sell if I get stuck!

Thanks for the try on offer Jeremy.. the Samson's look great,the 2 way postage adds up fast unfortunately. I can offer to buy them from you!

I've just taken a gamble and bought the size 14 Adidas Response shoes that are up in Gear Swap at the moment.. not really the low drop minimalist shoe I was after but they are long enough (I hope wide enough).

Still open to a pair of used shoes if there's some out there?

thanks again
Ben

Edited by tasben on 11/20/2012 04:26:34 MST.