Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
FS: Sunday Afternoons Adventure Sun Hat, Large, Cream Sand
Display Avatars Sort By:
Dale Wambaugh
(dwambaugh) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest
SOLD: Sunday Afternoons Adventure Sun Hat, Large, Cream Sand on 11/14/2012 19:23:50 MST Print View

SOLD:: the Sunday Afternoons Adventure Hat is the ugliest hat made, but it will keep you from frying in the sun. Size large recommended for head circumference of 23-25", cream/sand colors, excellent condition, super clean. $20 including US shipping and PayPal fees.

Manufacturer's description:

The Adventure Hat is Sunday Afternoons signature hat style. Worn by adventurers around the world - it's the most recognizable sun hat on the planet. The Adventure Hat provides nearly weightless UPF 50+ sun protection with its innovative and patented design. Featuring strategic ventilation, customizable sizing, a 4-inch wide front brim, 3.75-inch sides, and a 7.5-inch neck flap; the Sunday Afternoons Adventure Hat is the ultimate choice for sun conscience adventurers. Feel confident knowing your nose, cheeks, lips, eyes, ears, and neck have an excellent UV shield.

4” downsloping front brim and 3.75" sides with floatable foam core and poly brim wire
7.5” back veil neck flap with lift-up tab
UPF 50+ certified breathable sun rating (mesh vents not rated)
Strategic mesh ventilation
Water repellent / stain resistant
Wicking brow sweatband
Chinstrap with cord lock
External sizing band for custom fit
Lightweight: 3 ounces

Catalog photo:Sunday Afternoons Adventure Hat

Edited by dwambaugh on 11/14/2012 21:25:38 MST.

Stephen Gerrard
(StephenG) - MLife

Locale: Australia
SA hat on 11/14/2012 19:56:39 MST Print View

WOW! That is one ugly hat!
I'm in, PM inbound

Seth Brewer
(Whistler) - MLife

Locale: www.peaksandvalleys.weebly.com
2nd after Stephen on 11/14/2012 20:02:25 MST Print View

2nd in line for the ugly hat if Stephen bails do to actually caring about what people will say seeing him in that hat

Alex Eriksson
(aeriksson) - M

Locale: Austin, TX
1st in line to laugh on 11/14/2012 20:38:15 MST Print View

Functional, sure. But can I be first in line to laugh at any of you wearing this hat? It really is ridiculous but I've seen many of the UL backpacker set wearing them. I'm teasing of course. It's a great hat. Sold by a real upright stand-up fellow [who I don't know but let's not think I'm trying to crash anyone's for-sale thread out of malice because I'm not].

However it should be said, Nike dry-fit golfing flat-brimmed hat and wispy scarf/bandana is where it's at for the jaunty backpacker in Spring 2013. ;-)

Edited by aeriksson on 11/14/2012 20:39:30 MST.

Skip Booth
(the1skipper) - MLife

Locale: Southeast
Sunday afternoons hat on 11/14/2012 20:43:26 MST Print View

I own this hat and love it. It's so ugly it's kinda cool ;). It is super light and you don't notice it on.

Cody Bartz
(codybartz) - MLife

Locale: Northern Minnesota
I will be next in line on 11/14/2012 21:24:01 MST Print View

I can be 3rd in line if the first two happen to bail...

Dale Wambaugh
(dwambaugh) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest
Re: Sunday afternoons hat on 11/14/2012 21:34:42 MST Print View

It's a done deal.

I have the same model and color. It is a good example of thinking outside the box, much like the minimalist SUL backpacks. Not as sexy as my Tilley, but much cooler.

I'm going to make some custom carbon fiber poles and adapt it for a vestibule ;)

Stephen Gerrard
(StephenG) - MLife

Locale: Australia
vestibule on 11/15/2012 03:01:22 MST Print View

Oh man, I love the vestibule idea, hope you don't mind if I copy that!
Mmmm, wonder if it could also work as a liner to extend my quilt...

These things are so out-there they'll become fashionable one day, just wait.
In the mean-time people may point, stare - even giggle as we don our ugly hats, little realising the weight lifted from our packs by an ingenious multi use item :-)