I know we're in the midst of a U.S. election, but...
Display Avatars Sort By:
Craig W.
(xnomanx) - F - M
I know we're in the midst of a U.S. election, but... on 11/06/2012 21:00:08 MST Print View

Who went out and bought Halo 4 today? Did a midnight mission to Game Stop last night with my son but the line was too long so I got it today...

Picked up the map pass as well.
The graphics rock and the battle rifle is back!

And Black Ops 2 is out next week.

It's a father/son thing (and a way to relive some of the Dungeons and Dragons geekery of my youth).

And hey, if I'm going to sit in front of a screen in my underwear for hours, I'll take video games with my son over the World Series, Superbowl, or NBA Championships any day...

Carry on my fellow Americans.

Justin Baker
(justin_baker) - F

Locale: Santa Rosa, CA
Re: I know we're in the midst of a U.S. election, but... on 11/06/2012 21:08:13 MST Print View

Halo is by far my favorite game series. In the original game, I played every mission at least 100 times and LAN parties were a regular thing with my friends. When Halo 2 came out with xbox live, I played that non stop for almost 2 years. It was basically the only game I played.

Unfortunately, I don't own an xbox 360 right now. And I need to get a new job before that happens. :(

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: MidAtlantic
Re: I know we're in the midst of a U.S. election, but... on 11/06/2012 21:08:33 MST Print View

I could have done without the underwear visual....

I bought Dishonored recently. Haven't played it yet (very involved in Sandy relief efforts) but hoping to this weekend. Looks like a pretty cool game.

Joe Clement
(skinewmexico) - MLife

Locale: Southwest
I know we're in the midst of a U.S. election, but... on 11/06/2012 21:10:05 MST Print View

No, but I had intended to buy stock in the company that makes it. Oops, gave away my party affiliation, huh? I think my oldest son's proudest moment was getting a copy of Halo 3 the day before release, and having it beat before the release.

Craig W.
(xnomanx) - F - M
Re: Re: I know we're in the midst of a U.S. election, but... on 11/06/2012 21:19:19 MST Print View

"Unfortunately, I don't own an xbox 360 right now. And I need to get a new job before that happens. :("

Maybe it's a good thing. Having an XBox has certainly led to many a person NOT getting a job. If you're gamertag is "PuffDaKronic666" or similar, I suspect your prospects are pretty limited. A few ex students that live in their parent's basements and garages come to mind...
Though they will own you in multiplayer.
Priorities. :)

I loved Halo 2 multiplayer on PC. I'm still better with a keyboard and mouse than a controller. I guess it's a generational thing.

Nick Gatel
(ngatel) - MLife

Locale: Southern California
Re: I know we're in the midst of a U.S. election, but... on 11/06/2012 21:30:17 MST Print View

Okay - I'm lost. What on earth are we discussing?

Ryan Smith
(ViolentGreen) - F

Locale: Southeast
Re: Re: I know we're in the midst of a U.S. election, but... on 11/06/2012 21:33:22 MST Print View

Ha...video games.

Ryan

Chris Bowman
(jcbowman)

Locale: ORF
BO2 on 11/06/2012 21:48:33 MST Print View

Black ops 2 already paid for. COD is only game I play.

Franco Darioli
(Franco) - M

Locale: Melbourne
I know we're in the midst of a U.S. election, but.. on 11/06/2012 22:44:21 MST Print View

Is there a "nice" option in the game where you are friends with everyone ?

Jason Elsworth
(jephoto) - M

Locale: New Zealand
I know we're in the midst of a U.S. election, but.. on 11/07/2012 00:27:00 MST Print View

I love the way that Nick comes in on any thread mentioning popular culture and states he has no idea what is being discussed. It's these little things that now make me feel strangely at home on BPL.

jerry adams
(retiredjerry) - MLife

Locale: Oregon and Washington
Re: I know we're in the midst of a U.S. election, but.. on 11/07/2012 07:50:53 MST Print View

I really enjoy Quake...

Craig W.
(xnomanx) - F - M
Re: I know we're in the midst of a U.S. election, but.. on 11/07/2012 08:45:29 MST Print View

"Is there a "nice" option in the game where you are friends with everyone ?"

Sounds like Hello Kitty Picnic on the Nintendo 3DS might be more up your alley Franco.

Edited by xnomanx on 11/07/2012 08:47:29 MST.

Nick Gatel
(ngatel) - MLife

Locale: Southern California
Re: I know we're in the midst of a U.S. election, but.. on 11/07/2012 16:11:09 MST Print View

"I love the way that Nick comes in on any thread mentioning popular culture and states he has no idea what is being discussed. It's these little things that now make me feel strangely at home on BPL."

I honestly had no idea. But then I have never owned a video game.

I did play Pong once in a bar, but that was over 40 years ago.