Forum Index » Gear Deals » Arcteryx Alpha SL Jacket - XL - 50% off

Display Avatars Sort By:
Rich J
(PNWhiker) - F

Locale: Pacific NW
Arcteryx Alpha SL Jacket - XL - 50% off on 11/06/2012 09:52:05 MST Print View

REI has an Arcteryx Alpha SL Jacket - only in XL - 50% off. Seach the website (rei dot com) to find it (note: it's not in the outlet, it's in the regualar rei section). Not an ultimate ultralight (12oz) but a very high quality shell.

Alex Eriksson
(aeriksson) - M

Locale: Austin, TX
Re: Arcteryx Alpha SL Jacket - XL - 50% off on 11/06/2012 10:48:18 MST Print View

I would be on this like white on rice.... if it weren't teal! Argh!

Tad Englund
(bestbuilder) - F - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest
Re: Re: Arcteryx Alpha SL Jacket - XL - 50% off on 11/06/2012 10:55:47 MST Print View

Alex, I ordered one to see what the real color is, It should be hear on Friday. I'll try to remember to post the "true" color when it arrives.
The color looks like something my wife would like but it doesn't look like it will fit in my "fall collection".

Lucky for me I live close to a store so I can return it if it looks like the picture.

Randy Martin
(randalmartin) - F

Locale: Colorado
Re: Arcteryx Alpha SL Jacket - XL - 50% off on 11/06/2012 11:02:52 MST Print View

Sometimes it sucks being a Men's Small or Medium. There are rarely closeout specials for premium stuff in those sizes.

Alex Eriksson
(aeriksson) - M

Locale: Austin, TX
Re: Re: Re: Arcteryx Alpha SL Jacket - XL - 50% off on 11/06/2012 16:51:18 MST Print View

I'd be interested in that real-life pic for sure. That said, I'm actually not bothered by bright colors and try to actuatlly throw them into my gear to keep me from looking too monochromatic. Hell I carry a shockingly bright orange Arcteryx Axios pack that was also offered in Black but that just seemed like a wasted opportunity. That said, since I have such a loud pack I have to keep the rest of my gear mildly colored or at least somewhat complimentary and a bright blue jacket next to an orange pack would have people thinking me the biggest OKC Thunder fan.

Jim Leonard
(mxracer33x) - F

Locale: West Coast
Gone now on 11/07/2012 14:13:32 MST Print View

must have sold out as its not listed today :(

Tad Englund
(bestbuilder) - F - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest
Re: Re: Re: Re: Arcteryx Alpha SL Jacket - XL - 50% off on 11/07/2012 17:44:23 MST Print View

Alex, two things:

A THUNDER FAN! THE THUNDER STOLE OUR SONICS! Oh the humanity, the thievery!

Ok now that I've calmed down,

The jacket came today and the color is close to the web picture- its a little more "marine blue" then "riptide" what ever riptide was suppose to be.

I'll let you know if someone here at the house doesn't want it before I take it back. From the email above it looks like it sold out.

Here is is grouped with black and red
blue coat

Here it is with a Paty blue puffy and my wife TNF rain coat
blue coat2