Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
MLD Inner Net Shock Cord Length
Display Avatars Sort By:
Jay Wilkerson
(Creachen) - MLife

Locale: East Bay
MLD Inner Net Shock Cord Length on 11/04/2012 09:50:01 MST Print View

What is the length of the shock cord for the 4 corners if I wanted to connect it to the stakes of the Duomid corners?

Thanks

Dan Durston
(dandydan) - M

Locale: Cascadia
Shock Cord/Inner Net on 11/04/2012 15:19:45 MST Print View

Are you ordering some and just need a rough estimate? Or do you need precise lengths? I'd guess I've got about 18" each for the back two corners and then about 30-35" to the front corners.

Jay Wilkerson
(Creachen) - MLife

Locale: East Bay
MLD Inner Net Shock cord length on 11/04/2012 15:49:22 MST Print View

Hey Dan, I picked up a Duo Inner tent on gear swap and I have a Duomid on the way- maybe another 3 weeks of ship time. I have plenty of shock cord on hand and I am just getting excited to get things going and trying to get the inner net ready. So do I just stake out directly from the inner maybe a 3 inch loop or connect to the 4 corners of the Duomid and save some weight on the extra stakes? I am happy on a Sunday just to get my GEAK-NISS fulfilled. I see a lot of different set up ways with guylines and shock cord and I just want to get things dialed in. Let say I am a little excited! Already cabin fever..

Dan Durston
(dandydan) - M

Locale: Cascadia
Inner on 11/04/2012 16:17:35 MST Print View

I didn't realize you have the Duo inner coming - I was referring to the solo inner.

My solo inner (MYOG from another BPL'er) has LineLoc3 tensioners on the corners. I've using that with 2mm guyline (not shock cord) but I'm sure some fixed length shockcord would be good too. My net inner guylines have clips on the ends, which go to the grosgrain loops at the 4 corners of the mid so they can stay attached when the tent is taken down. During bug season the inner is always clipped inside the mid and then setup is just staking out the 4 corners of the mid (or more in bad weather) and the inner is already to go inside.

The clips I'm using I got from Quest Outfitters for about $0.25 ea. There site seems to be down right now, but they're like this black clip:
http://www.sealsskirts.com/img/prod/large/large_asr_whistle.jpg