November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Buying: Gossamer Gear LT4/S lower section
Display Avatars Sort By:
Kyle Kuschel
(kkuschel) - M
Buying: Gossamer Gear LT4/S lower section on 11/01/2012 19:22:04 MDT Print View

As we all know, the Gossamer Gear poles are rather fragile. In my clumsyness I managed to break the lower section of one of my poles. Does anyone happen to have one sitting around they would like to go to a good home?

john hansford
(jhansford) - MLife
Broken Gossamergear LT4 adjustable poles on 11/02/2012 14:05:02 MDT Print View

I posted earlier about my broken LT4 poles - I broke both lower sections on the same trip. What I did for a cheap and easy repair was to glue a length of 11mm aluminium tubing into each pole using two part resin glue.

I put a lot of weight onto my poles, especially downhill, but this year both poles survived 360 miles in the Sierra with no damage at all.

Stephen Adams
(stevemkedcom) - MLife

Locale: Northwest
Gossamer Gear LT4/S lower section on 03/21/2013 18:19:51 MDT Print View

Broke my lower section while post holing the other day. I could not wait for Gossamer Gear to get these in stock again so I went to A golf store (Golfsmith) and bought a graphite shaft for $9.97. cut the shaft down (ended up cutting it shorter than whats in the picture). The LT4's are mostly straight with not taper. The golf shaft had a slight taper so I had to sand one end until it would fit. Epoxied it inside and it is now as good as new except for it being .4 oz heaver.
broken lower shaft