Buying: Gossamer Gear LT4/S lower section
Display Avatars Sort By:
Kyle Kuschel
(kkuschel)
Buying: Gossamer Gear LT4/S lower section on 11/01/2012 19:22:04 MDT Print View

As we all know, the Gossamer Gear poles are rather fragile. In my clumsyness I managed to break the lower section of one of my poles. Does anyone happen to have one sitting around they would like to go to a good home?

john hansford
(jhansford) - MLife
Broken Gossamergear LT4 adjustable poles on 11/02/2012 14:05:02 MDT Print View

I posted earlier about my broken LT4 poles - I broke both lower sections on the same trip. What I did for a cheap and easy repair was to glue a length of 11mm aluminium tubing into each pole using two part resin glue.

I put a lot of weight onto my poles, especially downhill, but this year both poles survived 360 miles in the Sierra with no damage at all.

Stephen Adams
(stevemkedcom) - MLife

Locale: Northwest
Gossamer Gear LT4/S lower section on 03/21/2013 18:19:51 MDT Print View

Broke my lower section while post holing the other day. I could not wait for Gossamer Gear to get these in stock again so I went to A golf store (Golfsmith) and bought a graphite shaft for $9.97. cut the shaft down (ended up cutting it shorter than whats in the picture). The LT4's are mostly straight with not taper. The golf shaft had a slight taper so I had to sand one end until it would fit. Epoxied it inside and it is now as good as new except for it being .4 oz heaver.
broken lower shaft