Forum Index » Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Nov 10-12, Central Sierra Trip

Display Avatars Sort By:
David W.
(Davidpcvsamoa) - MLife

Locale: East Bay, CA
Nov 10-12, Central Sierra Trip on 10/30/2012 22:46:02 MDT Print View

Cure you early early onset cabin fever! Anyone interested in a late trip before the winter snow sets in? I have Monday November 12 off from work in honor of Veterans Day. I am thinking about going to the Emigrant Wilderness or Yosemite. I have some ideas about routes and destinations but I am also open to suggestions. All are welcome to join. Feel free to PM if you lost your posting privileges in the spamming debacle.

Jay Wilkerson
(Creachen) - MLife

Locale: East Bay
Nov 10-12, Central Sierra Trip on 10/30/2012 23:06:15 MDT Print View

I have interest Dave- I will PM you tomorrow

Erik Dietz
(erikdtz) - M

Locale: Los Angeles
interested on 10/31/2012 11:28:11 MDT Print View

Hi David,

i'm interested if I can get Monday off from work. What were you thinking in terms of route/mileage etc?

Thanks,
Erik

Marc Eldridge
(meld) - MLife

Locale: The here and now.
Re: Nov 10-12, Central Sierra Trip on 10/31/2012 17:52:37 MDT Print View

I have another commitment for that weekend. With that said you should go to Many Island Lake like you wanted to do earlier this year. Sure won't be to warm this time.

Jay Wilkerson
(Creachen) - MLife

Locale: East Bay
Nov 10-12, Central Sierra Trip on 10/31/2012 18:41:18 MDT Print View

My boss has other plans for me sorry. GGG at Coe is not to far away.

David W.
(Davidpcvsamoa) - MLife

Re: Nov 10-12, Central Sierra Trip on 10/31/2012 19:39:00 MDT Print View

Jay - Sorry you can't make it.

Marc - Sorry you can't make and I was thinking the same about Many Island Lake as a possibility.

Erik - Glad you are interested. I am still open to suggestions if you have a hike you have been wanted to do. Two ideas are:

1) Hike out of Cherry Lake to Many Island Lake and from there it looks like there are lots of lakes to explore;or

2) Hike out of Hetch Hetchy towards Beehive Meadow. A short loop could be done via Lake Vernon to Rancheria and then back to the trailhead. A long loop could be done through Jack Main Canyon. My concern with the long loop is making sure we are back to the car in time to get out before the gate closes.

Do you have any thoughts or suggestions?

Edited by Davidpcvsamoa on 10/31/2012 19:39:34 MDT.

David W.
(Davidpcvsamoa) - MLife

10-12, Central Sierra Trip on 11/03/2012 13:54:00 MDT Print View

Stop spending your time posting on those threads dedicated to 2012 election, spam, or the demise of BPL. Come out and enjoy some prime fall colors in the Sierra, cure that cabin fever, enjoy one of the things that makes BPL great (trips with other BPLers).

That was my closing pitch and now its up to you...