Forum Index » Photo Gallery » Gathering of Gear Geeks 2012: Pointe Reyes National Seashore

Display Avatars Sort By:
Lance Marshall
(Lancem) - F - MLife

Locale: Oregon
Re: Re: Spam on 10/28/2012 14:26:40 MDT Print View

Worked for me too.

Edited by Lancem on 10/28/2012 14:47:36 MDT.

Richard Cullip
(RichardCullip) - M

Locale: San Diego County
Re: Re: Spam on 10/28/2012 14:26:46 MDT Print View

Yes, it came as quite a surprise.

Ed Biermann
(longstride) - F
Re: Spam and me on 10/28/2012 14:27:37 MDT Print View

No. The blocker does not work apparently. I see that it is forum specific. Some you can post, others not.

Edited by longstride on 10/28/2012 14:29:51 MDT.

Dave U
(FamilyGuy) - F

Locale: Rockies
Re: Re: Spam and me on 10/28/2012 15:04:07 MDT Print View

What an absolute mess....

Rusty Conover
(rconover) - M
Re:Re:Re: Spam and me on 10/28/2012 16:53:32 MDT Print View

Can uck, you are absolutely correct. Messy business.

Edited by rconover on 10/28/2012 17:00:27 MDT.

Roger Caffin
(rcaffin) - BPL Staff - MLife

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe
re spam on 10/29/2012 14:23:15 MDT Print View

Two spams left in place for forensics.

Now deleted as forensics done.

Cheers

Edited by rcaffin on 10/30/2012 00:54:47 MDT.

Daniel Allen
(Dan_Quixote) - F

Locale: below the mountains (AK)
Re: Re: Re: Spam on 10/29/2012 23:23:30 MDT Print View

can *I* still post?

just checking.

ALSO: I feel I should reiterate that we Alaskans need to have BPL get-together.

Danny Milks
(dannymilks) - MLife

Locale: Sierras
Six months later... on 04/10/2013 17:34:14 MDT Print View

Danny and I took our 5 week old son to Sky Camp (another back country campsite at Pt Reyes). He had his longest sleep yet of 5 hours! Baby is going to love backpacking, I can tell already.

Our Double Rainbow gets a 3rd resident. Plenty of room to sleep 3 across on our doublewide mattress

Our Double Rainbow gets a 3rd resident. Plenty of room to sleep 3 across on our doublewide mattress.

-Kristin

Edited by dannymilks on 04/15/2013 15:20:14 MDT.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: Six months later... on 04/10/2013 19:09:12 MDT Print View

Congratulations! Missed you at the GGG @ Coe. You were busy.

Steven Paris
(saparisor) - M

Locale: Pacific Northwest
re: Six Months Later on 04/10/2013 20:22:14 MDT Print View

Congratulations to all 3 of you!

Tony Wong
(Valshar) - MLife

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area
Re: Six months later... on 04/11/2013 11:29:00 MDT Print View

Danny,

Your son is a lucky guy to have you both as parents.

He is going to have a life time of stories and adventures to talk about that few of his peers will be able to relate to.

He is going to live the adventures that this friends will only experience in video games.

Lucky, lucky boy.

You will have to share your wisdom about what things worked and did not work out on the trail....gear and techniques needed to care for a little one.

I carried a portable nebulizer for my daughter for her asthma at one point out on the trail.

-Tony

Steven Paris
(saparisor) - M

Locale: Pacific Northwest
3 Gs and A Baby on 04/11/2013 16:50:41 MDT Print View

The most important questions, though: does he like the Montbell pillow? Has he tried the Exped ones?

Danny Milks
(dannymilks) - MLife

Locale: Sierras
Baby Gear Reviews on 04/15/2013 16:27:20 MDT Print View

Steven - you're already asking for gear reviews from a 5-week-old baby? I don't know if he's prepared to contribute, though I'd have to ask the power that be if he has to buy his own BPL membership first.

Based on his great sleep, I would say he gives the Neo Air two thumbs up, along with our Golite quilt and the Double Rainbow. He sure seemed comfortable hanging out on the Montbell pillow. If Exped wants to send us a pillow to test and compare, we'd be happy to do so!

His polar bear outfit got rave reviews from every single hiker that saw it. Maybe it wasn't ultra light, but it was ultra cute.

Our first backpacking trip was actually pretty easy, because we didn't have to bring any baby food or too much extra stuff - some diapers, baby wipes, extra onsies, and an extra foam sit pad. I used a Moby Wrap on the way in, and Kristin had the Baby Bjorn for the way out, and he slept both ways.

The big thing, of course, was that we had light packs to begin with, and we are very comfortable with our current setup.

Thanks everybody for the kind notes and good wishes. We hope to make it to the next GGG Ken - keep them coming! You are doing a great service to the BPL community and should be given an ultralight award for it.