cocoon hoodie alternative
Display Avatars Sort By:
John Devitt
(cabana) - MLife

Locale: Colorado
cocoon hoodie alternative on 10/19/2012 22:24:33 MDT Print View

I have now resigned to the notion that I will not be able to locate a BMW / BPL cocoon hoodie. I would like to find a replacement product that offers the cocoon specs. What are you using for light puffy synth insulation?
Regards,
John

Levon Jensen
(LevonJensen) - MLife

Locale: Canadian Rockies
mec hoodie on 10/19/2012 23:06:57 MDT Print View

i really like my mec one, went without the hood and a full zip i wear it everywhere. not sure how much insulation the cocoon had but these are very thin. they make a thicker version as well.
even have last years on clearance last i looked.

http://www.mec.ca/AST/ShopMEC/MensClothing/InsulatedOuterwear/Synthetic/PRD~5026-943/mec-uplink-2-pullover-mens.jsp

John Devitt
(cabana) - MLife

re on 10/19/2012 23:24:35 MDT Print View

The cocoon had 60 or 90 gram insulation,someone please correct my if I am wrong. I like the concept & construction of this jacket (40 gram insulation), but I am between a Lrg & X-Lrg and the size is like 4" different in the chest. I would probably try one if a clearance modle wasavailible in my size.
Regards,
John

Edited by cabana on 10/19/2012 23:25:33 MDT.

Brendan West
(bderw)

Locale: Northeast Pennsylvania
Bigger better on 10/20/2012 01:20:34 MDT Print View

John,

I'd go with the bigger one either way. That way, you'd be able to pull it on over whatever you're wearing when you stop hiking for a meal or to set up camp, i.e., not having to take off your shell, out on your insulation, put in your shell.

Thomas Gauperaa
(gauperaa) - F - M

Locale: Norway
Re: cocoon hoodie alternative on 10/20/2012 01:28:32 MDT Print View

Rab Xenon?

John Devitt
(cabana) - MLife

SPAM on 10/20/2012 11:36:09 MDT Print View

I think I will pass on the red wind boots as an option,LOL!
I am looking into the RAB jacket. Thank you for the help!
Regards
John