Forum Index » GEAR » Looking for Warm Synthetic Vest

Display Avatars Sort By:
John McAlpine
(HairlessApe) - M

Locale: PNW
Looking for Warm Synthetic Vest on 10/17/2012 14:15:31 MDT Print View

I'm talking one with 100g/m synthetic material or higher. I'd even entertain a thick and warm fleece vest. A co-worker is looking for this item for hunting down into the 20's. Anyone have a brand out there they know of? THANKS

Stephen M
(stephenm) - MLife

Locale: The Great Lakes Bay Region
Re: Looking for Warm Synthetic Vest on 10/17/2012 14:33:49 MDT Print View

I use the Rab Generator vest a lot and really like it, comes in at 250g for a Large.

Gary Yee
(lakemcd)

Locale: NW Montana
Looking for Warm Synthetic Vest on 10/17/2012 14:40:14 MDT Print View

If you are looking for something a little more rugged for hunting applications try the military surplus type stuff that you can get on ebay and the net. Often listed as: PCU Primaloft Level 7 vest

Clint Newitt
(cnewitt) - F

Locale: Utah
Re: Re: Looking for Warm Synthetic Vest on 10/17/2012 14:44:14 MDT Print View

I just picked up a used/like new Patagonia Micro Puff on eBay for $45. These have 100g Primaloft One. Patagonia isn't currently producing these in a vest. I only had to watch eBay for about 10 days and several came up for $50-$100. Some were the older pullover, half-zip style.

Regarding the Generator recommendation, I have the Rab Generator jacket and it is very nice as I'm sure the vest is as well. Between the Generator vest and the Micro Puff vest, the MP is a relaxed fit and would bet the generator is a more athletic fit.

Eric Blumensaadt
(Danepacker) - MLife

Locale: Mojave Desert
Online catalog on 10/17/2012 21:58:41 MDT Print View

Cabela's catalog has new ECWCS military fleece vests and jackets.

My personal choice would be a Climashield filled puffy vest. Primaloft fill is my 2nd choice. This construction is warmer, less weight and more packable than heavy fleece.

Jus' sayin', as a hunter who sits in treestands for hours and hours and ...

John McAlpine
(HairlessApe) - M

Locale: PNW
Fantastic In-Put on 10/18/2012 09:54:46 MDT Print View

Thanks for the ideas. I'll check them all out now.