Locale: Fruita CO
Fuji X100 for backpacking review on 10/12/2012 14:19:48 MDT Print View

review here
owl

Eugene Smith
(Eugeneius) - MLife

Locale: Nuevo Mexico
Re: Fuji X100 for backpacking review on 10/12/2012 14:37:28 MDT Print View

Nice overview of the X100 Brendan. I can't get the image of that owl's eye out of my mind now, it's excellent.

It has taken me a few months shooting and familiarizing myself with the X100 before it felt like an extension, but the results are well worth it and it has been a great image making tool for me. There's something right about it when held in your hands, it is a camera that I have no issue slinging around my neck for whatever I may come across.

I threw on a thumb rest, which greatly my confidence of the camera in hand while shooting. Add a B+W UV filter and say goodbye to that lens cap.

Eugene Smith
(Eugeneius) - MLife

Locale: Nuevo Mexico
Re: Re: Fuji X100 for backpacking review on 10/13/2012 07:36:02 MDT Print View

I thought I would share a photo of a Sawyer Beetle I shot with my X100.

beetle

Shooting in aperture priority, on manual focus, using the AFL/AEL in tricky focusing situations seems to be my favorite method of shooting with this camera.

Brendan Swihart
(brendans) - F - MLife

Locale: Fruita CO
Re: Re: Re: Fuji X100 for backpacking review on 10/14/2012 12:23:16 MDT Print View

Very cool shot. Agreed, the AFL/AEL feature is great. Between the different focusing/exposure modes, viewfinder options, etc, it definitely is adaptable to different shooting personalities and situations.

Serge G.
(sgiachetti) - M

Locale: Boulder, CO
nice on 10/16/2012 13:40:56 MDT Print View

nice work, Brendan! I'm liking your use of soft light.