Forum Index » Gear Deals » I need a favour from a forum member

Display Avatars Sort By:
Nikola Sijan
(sijannikola) - F
I need a favour from a forum member on 10/06/2012 06:10:34 MDT Print View

I am very interested in Golite Poncho Tarp which is currently on sale on golite.com. Unfortunately they dont ship internationally. I was wondering if some good soul could reship it to my Australian address once the tarp is delievered to his home address.
Ill pay all the costs via Paypal. Thanks!

Stephen M
(stephenm) - MLife

Locale: The Great Lakes Bay Region
Re: I need a favour from a forum member on 10/06/2012 07:30:08 MDT Print View

Hi Mika,

One thing time bear in mind Is that they will only take a US credit card, a friend of mine from the UK had that issue and I used my card to order.

I can get it for you but I only Drive to main post every other week as local one only ships domestically.

Send me a Pm and we can work some thing out.

Cheers,

Stephen

Roger Caffin
(rcaffin) - BPL Staff - MLife

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe
Re: Re: I need a favour from a forum member on 10/06/2012 15:16:09 MDT Print View

> they will only take a US credit card
This always amuses me. Visa, Mastercard, etc are all international. The money is transferred from the CC company to the company's account. I don't know where they got this idea from, but it is sheer stupidity today. Sigh - but you won't convince them.

You could offer Paypal?

Cheers

Stephen M
(stephenm) - MLife

Re: Re: Re: I need a favour from a forum member on 10/06/2012 15:23:33 MDT Print View

Yep, and the same company does not take cash in it shops.
I wonder what happens when a tourist try's to buy something.

Dale Wambaugh
(dwambaugh) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest
Re: Re: Re: Re: I need a favour from a forum member on 10/06/2012 18:04:15 MDT Print View

"I wonder what happens when a tourist try's to buy something."

They put them in marketing:

GoLite marketing

Kronos Master of Fate
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: I need a favour from a forum member on 10/06/2012 18:07:30 MDT Print View

Is that a tariff free solution?

Stephen M
(stephenm) - MLife

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I need a favour from a forum member on 10/06/2012 18:27:41 MDT Print View

Nice one Dale :-)

Dale Wambaugh
(dwambaugh) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I need a favour from a forum member on 10/06/2012 18:36:05 MDT Print View

Then again, they might follow the Brit's lead and exile them to a demi-continent in the Southern Hemisphere suitable for raising sheep and grumpy tent designers :D

With that, if I can be of any help, PM me.

Nikola Sijan
(sijannikola) - F
:) on 10/06/2012 20:07:56 MDT Print View

Stephen helped me, thanks a lot!

Stephen M
(stephenm) - MLife

Re: :) on 10/06/2012 20:58:08 MDT Print View

It's pleasure to help out Mika, hopefully you should have it in a few weeks.

Dan Durston
(dandydan)

Locale: Cascadia
GoLite on 10/07/2012 18:43:52 MDT Print View

Are you sure they won't sell/ship internationally? They used to say this on the website and it would reject me when I tried to place a Canadian order, but sometime in the last year things changed. The website still says no international orders, but if you actually try to place one for Canada, now it works. It sounds like it's too late to try this now, but if you didn't already, next time try actually using your credit card and see if it goes through.

Edited by dandydan on 10/07/2012 18:44:35 MDT.

Stephen M
(stephenm) - MLife

Re: GoLite on 10/07/2012 19:58:50 MDT Print View

Interesting to know Dan

David Thomas
(DavidinKenai) - MLife

Locale: North Woods. Far North.
Re: I need a favour from a forum member on 10/07/2012 23:57:09 MDT Print View

They won't take cash, won't take foreigner's money, and charge 60% of the retail price to ship to Alaska (cause they won't use the post office).

I see a pattern of being overly reactive to little issues (one employee pilfered?, a few Nigerians scammed them?, UPS offered them a few percent off to be their exclusive shipper?) but thereby making themselves hard to do business with and increasing getting a bad reputation.

That's works as long your stuff is insanely great and no one else's is. Those situations tend not to last too long.

Glad the OP found a solution.

Nikola Sijan
(sijannikola) - F
:) on 10/08/2012 00:02:36 MDT Print View

I have checked up with their customer service, they definitively dont ship internationally since they are "us market oriented."

Ben Olsen
(bentho)
Ultralite outfitters on 10/08/2012 00:52:01 MDT Print View

check it out here http://www.ultraliteoutfitters.ecrater.com/p/14633699/golite-poncho-tarp-evergreen

for $60

Dale Whitton
(dwhitton) - M

Locale: Sydney
Buying Golite from Oz on 10/08/2012 18:27:56 MDT Print View

Hey Mika - did you call Golite ? I'm also in Oz and ordered a couple of soft shells a few months ago. Their online ordering system repelled all attempts to give them money, however when I called them they were happy to take my credit card details.

I did have to ship via a freight forwarder. Have to admit that I only persisted due to the bargain basement prices.