It’s official. I’m in self-induced gearhead hoarder addition therapy.
STEP 1: Start small to reduce hoarding.
So here’s the deal:
- All items listed below are for sale as-is with me doing the best I can to describe the item accurately to include the condition. Forgive me if any of these items have a dog hair or two from where I put them on the ground to photograph them. If I say "new/never worn", I mean I bought the item, took the tags off, maybe/maybe not tried it on, then promptly put it in the gear closest. They are not items worn on the trail, worn multiple times for any reason, or in any way soiled.
- I highly encourage you to buy multiple items and we can massage the prices a bit. To be clear, I’m very unlikely to sell you a pair of $5 socks and nothing else because it will cost me that much just to ship them.
- Shipping is CONUS only and I’ll eat the cost, but I reserve the right to send items by the least expensive route which will likely be snail mail.
- PayPal only. You’ll have until the following day to make PayPal payment once I respond to you. If you fail to make payment by the following day, the item goes to the next person in line or back up for sale. In PayPal, select the option that doesn’t cost me money for the transaction. Whatever the price we agree upon is the price I want to receive outright.
- PM me if you want the items. Do not simply leave a comment below. Only PM’s will be entertained.
- I will annotate SOLD or PENDING SALE as necessary for each item. (All previously sold items removed as of 10-10-2012)
2) The North Face Merino Wool Beanie, one size fits all, gray. Other than trying it on once when I purchased it, it has never been worn or used. It's fairly robust, meaning it is heavy knit and unlike the BPL Merino Beanie which is minimal in comparision. I paid $15 from a sale at Backcountry.com if I recall correctly (down from $20). MY PRICE: $9.
3) REI Goretex socks (http://www.rei.com/product/688268/rocky-gore-tex-oversocks-socks), size 14 R, black. I believe these are the “Rocky/REI” brand, although the tag only says “REI”. I purchased these from another BPL member and never wore them myself. They are used however. I would describe them to be in good condition. It appears as though there was a fainted effort to seal the seams at one time, not that I would think it would matter. Online price is $60. MY PRICE: $28.
6) SmartWool socks (www.smartwool.com). Charcoal. Worn once/washed. I looked on their website to try to get the proper name and so forth. After noticing there were 70 different options and not immediately seeing them, I decided to give up as I wasn’t willing to go through 70 options and the various color schemes to try to figure out which they were. So, I’ll generically say they are all calf length with a medium cushion. They average $20/pair. MY PRICE: $10.
7) REI Merino Wool socks (http://www.rei.com/product/664970/rei-merino-wool-expedition-socks), tan/cream, over-the-calf, heavy cushion, brand new/never worn, likely a size XL. New they run $14.50. MY PRICE: $8
8) White synthetic liner socks, brand new/never worn, thin. I have no idea where I picked up these socks. They have no logo. I’m guessing a size XL. MY PRICE: $5.
9) Two pairs of military wool gloves:
a. Drab green, XL, used, no rips or wears, but fabric is pilled and the elastic is stretched a bit. I believe these were US military issue. I don’t personally recall ever using them. MY PRICE: $5.
b. Grey mitt-style with free index finger and thumb, size XL. It seems to me these were issued to the Belgium or German military. Brand new never used. MY PRICE: $5.
10) Iron Clad Summit fleece gloves, gray, size XL. I didn’t see these on the manufacturers website, but they are most similar to these although not in color (http://ironclad.com/products/gloves/summit-ap). They are fleece with some rubberized elements on the palm and tips of fingers. A tag on them says “windproof”. I used these a grand total of once for an overnighter. While cooking dinner, I grabbed a hot pot with them and singed the tip of the right index finger and part of the middle finger which shows a small burn mark in the shape of the handle. It didn’t pierce the fabric, but there is definitely a burn mark. New ~ $27. MY PRICE: $8.