Every day use and backpacking:
1. I wear the same sandals to work as I do in the Tetons, Sawtooths, Timpenogas, etc.,
2. I wear the same zip pants backpacking and to work. I have 6 pair. I bike to work. In the morning it’s cool. In the late afternoon it’s warmer for shorts. I don’t have to dress in a special room or bathroom at work.
4. swiss knife
5. Fenix or zebralight flashlight. I also use this on my bike in flash mode.
6. I keep a spare AA in my pocket. It’s usually rechargeable since I use it on my bike every day.
7. neoair. When I’m at my relatives, my wife and I pull these out if they don’t have a bed.
8. The same fingerfoods I have backpacking are also stored in the car. We eat while we travel a lot; pop tarts, beef jerky, M&Ms, power bar, etc.,
9. Thermawrap jacket on cold trips or on my bike.
10. Wind jacket on 45F trips or on my bike.
11. WM booties. I wear these with my sandals on cold mornings or if I’m doing cold biking.
14. Terramur long underwear. I use it everyday in the winter here and as pajamas backpacking.
15. AM/FM radio (for biking and backpacking)
Yes it is nice when the same backpacking items can be used for every day.
-The mountains were made for Tevas