Small NeoAir Xlite...actual weight?
Display Avatars Sort By:
Rusty Beaver
(rustyb) - F

Locale: Rocky Mountains
Small NeoAir Xlite...actual weight? on 09/28/2012 17:28:31 MDT Print View

Thermarest says 8 oz. What have you folks been finding...w/o the sack and repair kit?

Joseph R
(Dianoda) - MLife

Locale: Chicago, IL
Re: Small NeoAir Xlite...actual weight? on 09/28/2012 21:20:46 MDT Print View

My example of the small xlite weighs 216.4g for the pad alone, the stuff sack weighs 12.5g, and the repair kit comes in at 11.0g. That translates to 7.63oz, 0.44oz, and 0.38oz, respectively, so a little bit under 8.5oz for the whole thing.

Rusty Beaver
(rustyb) - F

Re: Re: Small NeoAir Xlite...actual weight? on 09/29/2012 11:59:54 MDT Print View

Thanks, Joseph. It's always nice when the product is lighter than the catalog specs. This could be my new pad! ....or used if I could find one someone didn't want.

Tom Lyons
(towaly) - F

Locale: Smoky Mtns.
Sleep on it. on 09/29/2012 12:53:08 MDT Print View

There are many user comments about the short NeoAir pads being somewhat too thick and there is a "drop-off" to the leg area which can be a deal-breaker for some people.
Also, there are comments about the user being "pitched off" the pad during tossing and turning.

So, I'd recommend a demo of a friend's short NeoAir, or something like that.
Some people have bought the short, liking the light weight, but could not overcome the drop-off at the legs, and ended up getting the regular pad afterwards.

No doubt it is very light, and that's great, as long as you can sleep well on it.

J W
(jhaura) - F

Locale: www.Trailability.com
Re: Small NeoAir Xlite...actual weight? on 09/29/2012 13:48:59 MDT Print View

7.65 oz for mine. I have no problem with the drop off since I use my pack under my lower legs, but I could see how a larger person could find it like ice skating on top of a barrel.

Edited by jhaura on 09/29/2012 13:50:20 MDT.

Susan Papuga
(veganaloha) - M

Locale: USA
Re: Re: Re: Small NeoAir Xlite...actual weight? on 09/29/2012 23:06:59 MDT Print View

rusty.

Check out the GS, there are two of them listed there now.

Rusty Beaver
(rustyb) - F

Re: Re: Re: Re: Small NeoAir Xlite...actual weight? on 09/30/2012 20:13:45 MDT Print View

Thanks, Susan! That was really nice of you. Unfortunately, I was too late. I should probably sleep on my regular length Neoair with my legs hanging off first to see if I like it ...that or get a real job and just buy a new one! Nah, that job gettn' is crazy talk...

Thanks also to Tom and Jhaura for their posts.

Edited by rustyb on 09/30/2012 20:15:13 MDT.