Forum Index » Gear Deals » Paradox at costco

Display Avatars Sort By:
James Reilly
(emsjames) - F

Locale: Central Valley
Paradox at costco on 09/21/2012 22:35:55 MDT Print View

24.99 Tops
19.99 Bottoms

Dri-release Merino blend Call your nearest Costco and ask if they can search for the following product number shirt = 646257, Pants = 646258. If they don't have at the branch you call, ask them to search the closest stores.

Costco phone tip: Select speak to an administrator in the first set of phone prompts.

Justin Baker
(justin_baker) - F

Locale: west coast best coast
Re: Paradox at costco on 09/21/2012 22:57:53 MDT Print View

That sounds like a really good deal... thanks!

Daniel Russell
(Superfluous_Grizzly)

Locale: Creation
Info on "Merino Blend" on 09/22/2012 01:45:13 MDT Print View

These have merino in the name, and yes it discloses the "blend" aspect in the name. However, this line should really be called Paradox Polyester Blend.

Here are the specs:
84% POLYESTER
11% MERINO WOOL
5% SPANDEX

I ran into them at Costco and ended up buying, what I thought, was a women's XL that looked like a promising fit in the store (6'2" 185lbs, usually wear Mens large). I came home with a women's size large that fit me like a wet suit. The women's version has thumb holes and that is a big thing for me. I went back and the women's XL fits great.

Hope this helps someone before they make a trek to costco hoping to get a 100% Merino Baselayer for that 24.99. :)

Edited by Superfluous_Grizzly on 09/22/2012 01:45:44 MDT.

Jim Arzigian
(Renais) - M
Paradox odor and strength on 09/22/2012 11:14:49 MDT Print View

I've been using the Paradox base layers in several weights for some time and am very impressed with them. First, I find that the layers do not become smelly even after multiple days of hard wear. Many base layers I've tried have become pretty smelly after a couple hours. On a twp month AT hike I did not have regular long pants or a standard shirt, but used shorts combined with paradox base layers to keep me warm. Even wearing the paradox layers outside the shorts, I did not have any significant wear issues. During this quite wet hike, the paradox layers were worn almost every day, and unless the temps were near freezing, I did not use a rain jacket, but just a light wind shirt. I found the base layers wicked moisture very well, and I did not feel at all clammy. I would rate the heavier paradox bases as at least as warm as capilene 3 bases. Note that Costco has sold a number of base layer items in the last few years. I just checked some labels, and see that some of them are 100% polyester, some are 11% merino, and some are 54% merino with the remainder polyester and spandex. I find that the thin base layers pill some after quite a bit of wear. (This is something that does not bother me, but I know it bothers some folks.) The thicker base layers have yet to pill even after very heavy use. The sewing on these cloths is excellent, and I have yet to have any problems with seams opening. I guess you can tell that I'd recommend these bases.
Jim