Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
jumping rope?!
Display Avatars Sort By:
Leslie Thurston
(lesler) - F

Locale: right here, right now
jumping rope?! on 09/17/2012 18:53:27 MDT Print View

new this fall, i'm a f/t GRAD student working two p/t jobs.
combined with the waning daylight, i'm already (sadly) finding my training regime to be halved.
urgh!
in an effort to maximize use of what little time i have...
i brainstormed jumping rope.
20 mins. would sufficiently increase my heart rate, and if nothing else, it would let me blow off some steam. combined with some yoga and aggressive distance walking, i'm thinking this could "work".
silly enough, i'm thinking all jump ropes aren't created equal.
after perusing e-bay, it's clear to see the various materials from which they are made...and well...the proof is in the purchase.
i'm not a boxer, and i don't intend to make this my primary fitness outlet, but i also don't mind throwing down for quality that lasts.
who knows their jumpropes?
thanks.
lt

Brian UL
(MAYNARD76)

Locale: New England
Re: jumping rope?! on 09/17/2012 19:12:39 MDT Print View

Nothing beats jumping rope for cardio. The most underrated simple exercise of all time.
I don't use anything fancy and don't over think it. My preference is for the beaded rope. Beaded rope is protected from being worn down by the floor/ground and I like the feel of the added weight. If you want to jump rope indoors the lighter speed ropes are good because the rope will not mark up the floor.
Other than that I just I choose the simplest ones that look and feel right, I stay away from the gimmicky bearings and weights ect.