Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Pneuma Bivy Tyvek
Display Avatars Sort By:
Yukio Yamakawa
(JSBJSB) - F

Locale: Tokyo,JAPAN
Pneuma Bivy Tyvek on 09/14/2012 03:36:07 MDT Print View

Pneuma Bivy Tyvek

It Made of Tyvek thin sleeping bag cover. It is product of LOCUS GEAR.
I use to love this. It is comfortable without stuffiness almost fully closed.
With Velcro removable bug net me more comfortable around the face.
Though light and affordable, there is three different lengths.

http://locusgear.com/products/shelter/pneuma-bivy-tyvek

http://locusgear.com/lgwp/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Pneuma_bivy-012.jpg

Erik Basil
(EBasil) - M

Locale: Atzlan
"Locus Gear" on 09/14/2012 07:03:31 MDT Print View

I have to admit to being too lazy this morning to translate the entire page, but there's some cool stuff on that Locus site, including an eVent pyramid that winds up being... wait, $605 bucks!!

Jason G
(JasonG) - F

Locale: iceberg lake
locus on 09/14/2012 22:08:23 MDT Print View

^if you use google chrome and you visit a page with foreign text a button comes up at the top to translate the whole page. not perfect but close enough..

looks like they ripped off the mld solomid. curious how that event works as a complete shelter

Miguel Arboleda
(butuki) - MLife

Locale: Kanto Plain, Japan
Re: locus on 12/20/2012 20:19:09 MST Print View

Nobody ripped off anything. Pyramid tents have been around forever, at least since Roman times. And you could just as well "accuse" Rob Bell of having ripped off Oware's original silnylon pyramid shelter designs, which would also be absurd. Which could in turn be taken to have been ripped off from the 1980's Chouinard Pyramid tent, etc. etc. Also the dimensions and construction of the Locus Gear shelters are different from those of the Solomid and Duomid, using materials only available in Japan. That the Khufu looks so similar to the Solomid and Duomid is because of the width of the silnylon and cuben fabric rolls, which necessarily force the design to follow the same kind patterning.

Locus Gear products are very well made and work very well out in the real world. The prices are reasonable, the wait time is shorter than that of MLD, plus you can designs and materials that will not find in the States. Check out the new carbon fiber trekking poles.