Does the noise on Neoair decrease over time?
Display Avatars Sort By:
Gary Yee
(lakemcd)

Locale: NW Montana
Does the noise on Neoair decrease over time? on 09/12/2012 20:51:50 MDT Print View

Does anyone know if the noise decreases over time as the fabric softens up. I tried a Xlite and Treker and was surprised by the difference in noise. I did notice along with everyone else that once a sleeping bag is thrown on it that it made a huge difference.

Dirk Rabdau
(dirk9827) - F

Locale: Pacific Northwest
It seems to me... on 09/13/2012 00:16:30 MDT Print View

Yes, it does decrease. I have the first gen NeoAir that I've put 2,900 miles on and it doesn't seem nearly as loud as when I first bought it. But maybe I just am used to the noise. Regardless, I've slept better than without it.

Pete Staehling
(staehpj1) - F
Re: Does the noise on Neoair decrease over time? on 09/13/2012 05:08:13 MDT Print View

Not sure, but in actual use the noise is less of an issue than when trying it out indoors on a hard floor without a sleeping bag. I think it may get quieter, but then again it may just be a matter of getting used to it.

I notice it so little that I really don't know if my new Xlite crinkles or not.

David Miles
(davidmiles) - F

Locale: Eastern Sierra
Re: Does the noise on Neoair decrease over time? on 09/13/2012 19:02:38 MDT Print View

It's a bit noisy, and I have not found it to get any quieter.
It is fragile, but I love the comfort level and can put up with the noise.

Gary Yee
(lakemcd)

noise on 09/14/2012 22:28:57 MDT Print View

Thank you all for the replies. I think I'll give them a try. Now I just have to decide between the regular and the women's.

Clayton Mauritzen
(GlacierRambler) - F - M

Re: noise on 09/14/2012 22:36:31 MDT Print View

Hey Gery, I'm not sure if the noise decreases or not, but it bothers me less and less (honestly, not at all). It hasn't seem to bother my hiking partners either.