Spinhx Lakes to Longley Pass, Lake Reflection.......SEKI
Display Avatars Sort By:
Ken Helwig
(kennyhel77) - MLife

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA
Spinhx Lakes to Longley Pass, Lake Reflection.......SEKI on 09/08/2012 13:41:27 MDT Print View

Has anyone hiked up from Roads End towards Avalanche Pass, cross country through the Spinhx lake area over to Big Brewer Lake over to Longley Pass, over to Lake Reflection and back to Cedar Grove? I am in the planning stages for a trip next year.

Elizabeth Tracy
(mariposa) - M

Locale: Outside
this year on 09/09/2012 12:52:01 MDT Print View

No, but I'm planning that trip this month, probably in the clockwise direction. PM if you are interested in going. In any case, I'll try to post a trip report :)

Bob Gross
(--B.G.--) - F

Locale: Silicon Valley
Re: this year on 09/09/2012 13:06:11 MDT Print View

I agree, the clockwise direction sounds better.

--B.G.--

christopher smead
(hamsterfish) - MLife

Locale: hamsterfish
Clockwise on 09/09/2012 13:19:48 MDT Print View

Heya Ken,
+1 on going clockwise. The Sphinx trail up to Avalanche pass is a vertical granite staircase. Here's a pic of me going down it, which was hard enough. I can't imaging going up.

From ChrisSoloSekiJune2012

Ken Helwig
(kennyhel77) - MLife

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA
Re: Clockwise on 09/09/2012 13:49:09 MDT Print View

Thanks Chris for the photo. Yeah I have heard going up is tough. Elizabeth I would love to join you. I did read your post in the Trip Announcement section. I think we posted these on the same day. My Vacation for the year has been exhausted so it's a no go. However if you feel inclined, I will doing this trip and will have room for 5.

Edited by kennyhel77 on 09/09/2012 13:52:40 MDT.