Down Jackets back at Costco
Display Avatars Sort By:
Dan Johnson
(Seattle)

Locale: PNW
Down Jackets back at Costco on 09/08/2012 10:45:19 MDT Print View

Hey everyone!

I wanted to throw out the alert that the famous down jackets at Costco are back in stock. Or at least in stock at my location up in Washington. I know some people missed out on buying the X-Large sizes so consider this your warning :)

Happy Shopping

Rod Lawlor
(Rod_Lawlor) - MLife

Locale: Australia
Thanks Dan on 09/08/2012 18:32:12 MDT Print View

Are these the Triple Star LW hooded ones for about $30?

I bought a med and a large for my then 12 year old son. He's 13 now. He grew straight through the Med, and I think he'll be out of the Large by next winter. The XL would bridge him through until he fits my men's medium jackets.

Anyone interested in posting a couple to Australia?

Rod

Katharina ....
(Kat_P) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Coast
Re: Thanks Dan on 09/08/2012 18:38:26 MDT Print View

Hi Rod,
I was at Costco today and the jackets that I saw looked more like an UL inner down jacket. Something similar to the Eddie Bauer. All they had were bigger sizes than mine so I did not really check them out all that well. Looked like very minimal, thin, light.

Rod Lawlor
(Rod_Lawlor) - MLife

Locale: Australia
Thanks Kat on 09/08/2012 20:36:51 MDT Print View

Sounds like a different version to last year then.

The ones you sent over have been great. Macs runs cold so he loves the extra puff in it, und Evie is now in the medium.

Hopefully they'll pop up again at some stage.

Thanks,

Rod

Dan Johnson
(Seattle)

different version? on 09/08/2012 21:01:39 MDT Print View

Kat - I think we both saw different jackets. The ones I saw were very much like the ones last year. The ones I saw were in the kids clothing area and were much the same color as last years too.

I might need to check out Costco again it they have more styles :)

Katharina ....
(Kat_P) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Coast
Re: different version? on 09/08/2012 21:06:33 MDT Print View

Hey Dan,
Yeah, I just mentioned what I saw at our store......

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: different version? on 09/08/2012 21:38:20 MDT Print View

I'm in the middle of you two. I'll check what ours has on Monday.

Warren Greer
(WarrenGreer) - F

Locale: SoCal
they are there on 09/09/2012 00:14:41 MDT Print View

They have a different labeling inside (name, etc) but oddly similar fonts. They also have a different color zipper; color of material of jacket is different from the zipper color. Weird. They also have some light weight vests too. Mostly womens as I recall but they fit me (5'10" - 150 lbs). Saw them a month ago or so. I've worn mine from last year a few times and it is plenty warm, but it should be at 12 ounces. Good buy at $30. Also good for extra insulation with an ultralight sleeping system.

Michael K
(chinookhead) - F - M
Weight 13 oz on 09/09/2012 10:41:29 MDT Print View

Just checked them out at the Dallas Costco.....with tags they weighed 13oz. Pretty light......but no hood, so not for me. I got some funny looks weighing it with electronic scale on the floor :) This site makes you do weird things.

Dan Johnson
(Seattle)

You the man! on 09/09/2012 16:28:10 MDT Print View

Michael, you are the man! It takes guts to publicly weigh items.

Props :)

Daryl Daryl
(lyrad1) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest, USA, Earth
Re: Weight 13 oz on 09/09/2012 17:13:28 MDT Print View

Michael K,

Bummer on the no hood. The last batch had hoods and weighed under 12 ounces in the largest size.

Daryl

Dale Wambaugh
(dwambaugh) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest
Re: Weight 13 oz on 09/09/2012 17:15:58 MDT Print View

No stranger than going to the produce section or the deli to weigh something. I want one of those deli scales!!!

Nick G
(HermesUL) - F
Dallas? on 09/09/2012 18:24:08 MDT Print View

Wait, you bought a down jacket in Dallas? Whatever for?

The nearest Costco is 90 miles away from me...sigh. That would be a huge improvement on my current state of not owning a down jacket at all, and living in New England. My winter coat probably weighs two pounds!

Erik Basil
(EBasil) - M

Locale: Atzlan
Down at Costco on 09/09/2012 18:57:27 MDT Print View

There are three nice down items jackets at Costco right now: the new version of the youth down "stuffable jacket", a women's down vest and a men's down sweater. I posted photos and threads for two of them in Gear Deals.

Michael K
(chinookhead) - F - M
use? on 09/09/2012 18:59:44 MDT Print View

Nick, obviously it is of no use in Dallas. However, in the summer I hike in the Rockies (Colorado, Montana etc.) and I lived in Michigan (my whole life) until a year ago and I still visit the family. I wish I could use it in Dallas. The heat is killing me!