Forum Index » Make Your Own Gear » What to do with two yards of cyellow cuben - ???

Display Avatars Sort By:
Karple T
(ctracyverizon)

Locale: Mid-Alantic
What to do with two yards of cyellow cuben - ??? on 09/07/2012 08:16:38 MDT Print View

I have been pondering this for some time and if it was three yards it would be an easy tarp, but two yards is all I got.

I don't need any rain gear.

I might do this with an additional 2.5 yards of white cuban.

It would measure about 8'5" in front x about 9' length x 6' rear.
Lot more taping but I have plenty of tape and black cuben for the tie out points.

I could also go for a bivy.

Thoughts -

twotone tarp

Edited by ctracyverizon on 09/07/2012 09:15:38 MDT.

Greg Pehrson
(GregPehrson) - MLife

Locale: playa del caballo blanco
A pair of backpacks on 09/07/2012 09:25:27 MDT Print View

Make matching backpacks for you and your hiking partner. 1yard each. John Roan has instructions here: http://www.mountainultralight.com/2011/09/make-your-own-cuben-fiber-backpack.html?m=1

Kevin Babione
(KBabione) - MLife

Locale: Pennsylvania
What to do with two yards of cuben on 09/07/2012 09:30:19 MDT Print View

What do you use for a shelter? It is too small for a standalone tarp, but you could make one heck of a nice porch for your shelter with it.

I have a MLD Monk Tarp in cuben that, if I'm expecting a very rainy outing when I'm taking my Gatewood Cape, I bring along and turn it into a front porch for the Gatewood.

Having a porch like that makes cooking in the rain with a minimalist shelter much nicer.

Rob Daly
(rdaly) - F - M

Locale: Midwest
thickness? on 09/07/2012 12:10:27 MDT Print View

How thick is it? It would make a unique backpack. You don't see too many yellow cuben baqckpacks.

Edited by rdaly on 09/07/2012 12:11:03 MDT.

Karple T
(ctracyverizon)

Locale: Mid-Alantic
Two yards of yellow cuben on 09/07/2012 14:38:46 MDT Print View

It's the .74 oz. so it could be flooring for a net tent or a bivy OR a backpack.

I have a cuben Zimmerbuilt pack though and it fits all my needs.

I have a UL Bivy and I don't use it much.

I could make a bivy/bug net.

I have been playing with some ideas of combining the two.

BivyTent

Edited by ctracyverizon on 09/07/2012 19:07:17 MDT.