Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Splitting a chicken pouch between 2 dinners/ how long does cooked turkey bacon last?
Display Avatars Sort By:
Randy Nelson
(rlnunix) - F - M

Locale: Rockies
Splitting a chicken pouch between 2 dinners/ how long does cooked turkey bacon last? on 09/02/2012 11:00:30 MDT Print View

The only packaged chicken I know I can get is in 5 oz cans and 7 oz pouches. 3.5 oz would work fine for me. How quickly will the chicken go bad once you open the pouch? I'd love to be able to bring along 3 pouches for a 6 dinner trip. Hauling 6 cans around both full and empty doesn't appeal to me. Is 24 hours too long? The high temps on the trip will likely be in the mid-70s.

How long does cooked turkey bacon last? I take in on 3 day trips all the time. Will it make it 7 days?

Sarah Kirkconnell
(sarbar) - F

Locale: In the shadow of Mt. Rainier
Re: Splitting a chicken pouch between 2 dinners/ how long does cooked turkey bacon last? on 09/02/2012 13:07:13 MDT Print View

You don't want to store the chicken once opened. Having said that, 3 packs of 3-ounce cans do exist, they are made by Swanson. Target carries them.
On weight? You can flatten cans easily with a shoe on. The weight of the cans is better now than they used to be, often no heavier than an empty pouch.

Randy Nelson
(rlnunix) - F - M

Locale: Rockies
Chicken on 09/02/2012 14:04:18 MDT Print View

Thanks Sarah. I'll be near a Target before I leave for my trip so I'll check them out.