(Zia-Grill-Guy) - MLife

Locale: Boulder
Cap 4 hoody sizing on 11/04/2012 12:04:02 MST Print View

That's quite thorough, Dave. Thanks!

James Reilly
(zippymorocco)

Locale: Montana
Size on 11/04/2012 16:18:07 MST Print View

I sized up to a large though I usually wear medium in Patagonia. It was too tight in the chest but I have a broad chest and shoulders. I weigh in at 155 and am 5'10".

Avery S
(Aveman)
on sale on 11/21/2012 18:05:49 MST Print View

20% off Patagonia right now at backcountry.com, combined with fatwallet.com 14% cashback at backcountry.com and 5% cashback for all discover card online purchases means my new cap 4 hoody should come out to $77.11

Gregg TARAYAN
(habakkuk) - F
Cap 4 hoody sizing on 01/12/2013 09:03:58 MST Print View

I am 5'11 and 180 lbs with 40R chest and I like how the Medium fits. It is a close to body fit but by no means skin-tight. On me, a Large would fit more like a mid-layer jacket as opposed to a base-layer shirt. With the latter, the inner grid patterns get full skin contact in the shoulders and arms area while leaving somewhat more room in the torso and even more so in the chest area. I would say, it is considerably more relaxed than Underarmor's "compression" fit. If I lift my arms up, the entire garment stays put. I hope this level of detail is not annoying as I myself prefer this type of description before ordering online.

Jeffrey Whynot
(jcwhynot) - M

Locale: Northeast
Cap 4 Packability on 01/17/2013 13:18:41 MST Print View

How about the packability of the Cap 4. I haven't seen anyone mention that. Does it pack down small? Is it bulky?

James Reilly
(zippymorocco)

Compressed pic on 01/17/2013 13:29:00 MST Print View

Here it is stuffed into a plastic bag. This is a size large. The squares are 1 inch.

cap 4

Edited by zippymorocco on 01/17/2013 13:32:39 MST.

James Reilly
(zippymorocco)

Bottoms on 01/17/2013 13:36:18 MST Print View

I recently added the cap 4 bottoms to my collection to replace my fleece pants. I find them equally as impressive. They come in at about 5 ounces for the medium size.

Max Dilthey
(mdilthey) - M

Locale: MaxTheCyclist.com
Re: re: Patagonia Cap 4 Hoody (Amy) on 01/17/2013 14:01:02 MST Print View

"I went to Patagonia store near me and tried both mens and womens, and for me the mens fit better. I hope men feel as free to buy women's models as women feel to buy men's -- it's not always the case that the label matches the body :)"

I'm a guy, 6'2", all legs, and I cycle a lot. the Women's L Under Armour tights, and the Women's L GoLite Paclite rain pants fit my thunder thighs better than any men's sizes, and still conform to my 32 waist. Best fit ever! I use measurements, not gender keywords, when I shop online.

Cheers!

Gerry Brucia
(taedawood) - MLife

Locale: Louisiana, USA
Patagonia Cap 4 Hoody on 01/17/2013 15:43:29 MST Print View

On a recent backpack where the daytime temps remained in the 30's, I was perfectly comfortable hiking with a Byrnje merino wool fishnet t-shirt base, a Cap4 hoody and a Houdini windjacket. At camp I added a Rab Meco 160 longsleeve zip t and a WM Flash vest. I was extremely impressed with the layering test, especially combining the fishnet base and the Cap4 Hoody. I was comfortable and never felt overheated or sweaty.

Mike M
(mtwarden) - MLife

Re: Bottoms on 01/17/2013 19:37:33 MST Print View

I was looking at the bottoms, but couldn't tell if it was the same fleece used in the hoody- I know take it it is?

thanks

Rick M
(rmjapan) - F

Locale: Tokyo, Japan
Re: Re: Bottoms on 01/17/2013 19:50:18 MST Print View

I think bottoms will only work if you wear pants that can vent. Unless you are just looking for a matching PJ of course! Cap 2 or merino 2/3 might be better.

Mike M
(mtwarden) - MLife

Re: Re: Re: Bottoms on 01/17/2013 19:54:32 MST Print View

I'm thinking more along the lines of just pants for summer- I wear shorts, but bring a pair of Cap 3 bottoms for camp or if it happens to get really cold- the new Cap 4 bottoms might be better suited yet and lighter

<-- no pjs for this guy :)

Rick M
(rmjapan) - F

Locale: Tokyo, Japan
Re: Re: Re: Re: Bottoms on 01/17/2013 20:18:18 MST Print View

Doesnt the Cap 4 bottom have a fly opening? Might look like you are walking around in your undies unless you put shorts over. Then you will look like a Yama Girl!

Mike M
(mtwarden) - MLife

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bottoms on 01/17/2013 20:43:22 MST Print View

I'm assuming they do-makes pi$$ing a little easier, the Cap 3's that I pack do- just have to be mindful that my junk doesn't fall out :)

Nico .
(NickB) - MLife

Locale: Los Padres National Forest
Cap 4 bottoms on 01/17/2013 21:06:29 MST Print View

@ Mike M, the Cap 4 bottoms are the same material as the hoody.

And yes, they've got a fly.

And they fit just like typical long john tights.

Mike M
(mtwarden) - MLife

Re: Cap 4 bottoms on 01/17/2013 21:13:01 MST Print View

perfect- thanks

now I just have to insure I get the right ones, as alluded to above the old style Cap 4's are still being sold by many vendors

Nico .
(NickB) - MLife

Locale: Los Padres National Forest
Cap 4 bottoms on 01/17/2013 21:23:22 MST Print View

if you act fast, you can probably pick up the new ones direct from Patagonia.com for 30% off right now. Use the promo code "DEEPSNOW" Should be good through Tues.

Cheers,
-N.

Rex Sanders
(Rex) - M

Locale: Central California Coast
Re: Patagonia Capilene 4 Hoody - Gone? on 04/20/2013 00:03:47 MDT Print View

The Patagonia Capilene 4 1/4-Zip Hoody, style 43665, has vanished from Patagonia's web site.

"Sorry, we could not find this product on Patagonia.com. It's possible that we recently sold out of the item or that we no longer carry it."

The non-hoody version is still there, style 43655.

I love my Cap 4 hoody, glad I got one for Xmas before they vanished.

-- Rex

Mark Verber
(verber) - MLife

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area
Re: Re: Patagonia Capilene 4 Hoody - Tmp Gone on 04/20/2013 09:07:24 MDT Print View

Patagonia treats the Cap 4 Hoody is a seasonal item. They product a run and sell in Fall & Winter... with a few that might linger into spring. Expect to see it back Sep or so. My understanding is that it sold very well last year.

--mark

Stephen Komae
(skomae) - MLife

Locale: northeastern US
in stock now on 06/17/2013 19:01:57 MDT Print View

Heads up to those who can't wait for the Cap4 Hoody: it is back in stock for the Fall '13 season at $120 at Patagonia.com. Right now you have to call or Live Chat a salesperson to get it since it is not on the website yet. Black, purple and Forge Grey are this year's colors. Quantities might be limited in some sizes while they get the shipments in. Ordered one for myself today!