Midwest GGG this fall
Display Avatars Sort By:
David Noll
(dpnoll) - MLife

Locale: Maroon Bells
Midwest GGGG on 10/14/2012 06:39:52 MDT Print View

KJ- Yes it is all about meeting some of the members and sharing ideas.

Chad-Glad you can make it. Just did 5 days on the SHT with Mark Reis. I forgot about you and should have contacted you before hand. My Bad!

I will post a steak count for the Saturday PM meal on Wed Oct 24th with names. That way any additions or subtractions can be made on the 25th. We will probably start cooking the meal around 4 PM.

J P
(jpovs) - F - M

Locale: North Shore
Re: Midwest GGGG on 10/16/2012 06:23:52 MDT Print View

I think this thread got taken down when the mods removed the spam postings. Bump

J P
(jpovs) - F - M

Re: GGG & G on 10/16/2012 08:23:05 MDT Print View

Doug, I look forward to seeing you there again. I should be there sometime around noon on Friday. In regards to the breakfast that sounds good.
For Friday I'll bring some smoked pulled pork sandwiches for the group to eat.
Its nice to see that more people are comming, or atleast interested. Hope to see you all there.

Edited by jpovs on 10/19/2012 13:43:38 MDT.

Kenneth Jacobs
(f8less) - F

Locale: Midwest
:O( on 10/16/2012 10:23:06 MDT Print View

I will not be able to make it out to the GGG this year, but look forward to getting to meet some of you next year. Sounds like it will be a great time. Hope everyone has a blast.

KJ

David Noll
(dpnoll) - MLife

Midwest GGGG on 10/19/2012 11:06:48 MDT Print View

As of now I am bringing steaks for: Josh, Mark, Doug, Me, Jim, Chad, Mary R(+1). By my Minnesota math that is 8. I will need a final count by Thursday noon the 25th. We will plan on grilling the steaks Saturday PM.

Dave

J P
(jpovs) - F - M

Re: Midwest GGGG on 10/19/2012 15:49:18 MDT Print View

Bump, thread got deleated again when admin deleated the spam postings.

doug thomas
(sparky52804) - MLife

Locale: Eastern Iowa
GGG and G on 10/21/2012 13:35:47 MDT Print View

My vacation time got approved so I'm definitely in. I've got most of my gear ready to go and am looking forward to seeing you all. Is there anything that I should bring food or cookware related? I'd hate to get all the ways up there and not have tongs to turn over the steaks. See you all this weekend.

David Noll
(dpnoll) - MLife

Midwest GGGG on 10/21/2012 17:22:21 MDT Print View

This deleting is getting old.

Travis Leanna
(T.L.) - MLife

Locale: Wisconsin
Not this time guys... on 10/21/2012 20:04:21 MDT Print View

Hey, I wanna thank Mark for checking up on me and inviting me to the GGGG. Unfortunately, I will not be able to make it. I miss BPL... :(

David Noll
(dpnoll) - MLife

Midwest GGGG on 10/23/2012 16:34:07 MDT Print View

The forecast for this weekend is clear with high's in the low to mid 40's and nighttime temps approaching 26 degrees. Do not bring your 30 degree bags! We will grill the steaks Saturday PM so everyone can join in. If I missed your name in the earlier post let me know. We can also do an egg bake Saturday morn if anyone is interested. I will have my BWCA cook kit along so we can feed 8 or so. Let me know if anyone is interested.
This might also be a good time to bring along any gear you want to swap or sell.

Chad Miller
(chadnsc)

Locale: Duluth, Minnesota
Re: Midwest GGG this fall on 10/24/2012 08:54:16 MDT Print View

I have to back out of this gathering. My freelance working is taking off and I'm up to my eyeballs in clients. Sorry folks, next year.

J P
(jpovs) - F - M

Midwest GGGG on 10/24/2012 10:54:50 MDT Print View

Wanted to remind everyone that I will be bringing smoked pulled pork sandwiches and coleslaw for Friday dinner. There will be enough for around 20 good size sandwiches. Should be good, they sat in the smoker for 17 to 25 hours.

Chad Miller
(chadnsc)

Re: Midwest GGGG on 10/24/2012 11:01:17 MDT Print View

OK, Josh now your just rubbing it in since I can't come! You're a bad man.

J P
(jpovs) - F - M

Re: Re: Midwest GGGG on 10/24/2012 11:21:41 MDT Print View

Sorry Chad. I wish you could make it. I was hoping to meet some more SHT people. Dont worry there will be photos with smell vision.

David Noll
(dpnoll) - MLife

Midwest GGGG on 10/24/2012 15:19:01 MDT Print View

Can anyone eat Chad's steak or should I leave it home?

Josh - I will be there probably by 4 PM Friday.

Edited by dpnoll on 10/24/2012 15:20:50 MDT.

Mary R
(pietimer) - MLife
Re: Midwest GGG this fall on 10/24/2012 16:03:21 MDT Print View

Just confirming that I'll be there with my husband. We'll be there Friday night around 7pm and leave sometime Saturday evening.
I will definitely be bringing some choice Wisconsin beer to share. Let me know if there is any other group food/supplies I should bring.

Edited by pietimer on 10/24/2012 18:20:44 MDT.

David Noll
(dpnoll) - MLife

Midwest GGGG on 10/24/2012 18:49:30 MDT Print View

Mary,
Great that you guys can still make it. I will plan on steaks for 7 unless someone else says otherwise. Can you smell them Chad?

Michael Ray
(topshot) - MLife

Locale: Midwest
Re: Midwest GGG this fall on 10/24/2012 20:50:53 MDT Print View

Wish I could make it but once again too far for me (even farther than last time). If anyone arranges one closer to IN, let me know.

Chad Miller
(chadnsc)

Re: Midwest GGGG on 10/25/2012 10:26:17 MDT Print View

I smell nothing David. You too are a bad man.

Speaking of bad men you guys have to come up on the North Shore for a backpacking trip soon! Heck we can even do a nice winter trip! It will be fun and then I can smell stuff.

Wait that sounded bad. Oh well.

David Noll
(dpnoll) - MLife

Midwest GGGG on 10/25/2012 12:49:27 MDT Print View

Chad,
You're right. That sounded bad. Here is a link to the trip Mark and I did on the SHT earlier this fall. http://www.flickr.com/photos/d1948n/sets/72157631691988454/
I do get up to Duluth on business quite often and will be up sometime mid November. I'll drop you a note when I know for sure and maybe we can get together for a beer and burger. I might be interested in snowshoeing or cc skiing but probably not winter camping.