Here is my gear list in Google Docs form.
I've been obsessing about weight here for the last 4 months or so and I think I've got it pretty tuned.
Would love feedback though.
- My shoes need upgrading. I'm still working this out because my feet are the most unpredictable aspect of my whole system and getting shoes that are lightweight and don't wreck my feet has been a challenge.
- I am a hammock camper. I could PROBABLY get down 2 or more pounds lighter but I think I would be uncomfortable. The hammock is just awesome. It's AMAZINGLY nice to have it in the back country.
- I could probably go with Gossamer Gear poles but they would require that I install custom hand straps I think.
- Not going to ditch the fishing rod. This is 1/2 the point for me :) ... plus it's free weight since its 0.5 lbs and I usually catch at least 2-3 lbs of fish to eat which is protein I don't have to pack in.
- I could ditch the iphone but I have wikipedia offline, MP3 player, podcasts and this helps preserve sanity. Same thing with Kindle.
- Maybe I could ditch the clothing stuff sack. However, it helps me preserve sanity since I don't have to worry about lost clothes.