Forum Index » Chaff » In-N-Out Burger - say it ain't so!

Display Avatars Sort By:
Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: MidAtlantic
In-N-Out Burger - say it ain't so! on 08/22/2012 11:29:11 MDT Print View

Federal inspectors have temporarily shut down a California meat company
that provided beef for the popular In-N-Out Burger chain and the U.S.
school lunch program, saying there was evidence of "egregious, inhumane
handling and treatment of livestock."

The federal action came Monday after inspectors viewed an undercover
video made at the Central Valley Meat Company in Hanford, California
over two weeks last month by an investigator for the animal rights
group, Compassion Over Killing.

The tape shows workers using electric prods on cattle that can barely
walk and the group alleged that the company used potentially diseased
"downer cows" and treated them in an inhumane manner.

"The abuses that we uncovered should concern people for the way in which
these animals were treated, but it also brings up food safety concerns
and that is something that the American public wants to know about,"
said Erica Meier, the executive director of Compassion Over Killing.

Ken Helwig
(kennyhel77) - MLife

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA
Re: In-N-Out Burger - say it ain't so! on 08/22/2012 12:15:39 MDT Print View

Read that this morning. Humans can be some of the worst creatures on this planet.

Tim Zen
(asdzxc57) - F

Locale: MI
Re: Re: In-N-Out Burger - say it ain't so! on 08/22/2012 14:34:21 MDT Print View

Maybe the lines will be shorter.

Ben 2 World
(ben2world) - MLife

Locale: So Cal
Re: In-N-Out Burger - say it ain't so! on 08/22/2012 16:11:59 MDT Print View

Good to know that inspectors are out there doing their work.

Jeffs Eleven
(WoodenWizard) - F

Locale: Greater Mt Tabor
Re: In-N-Out Burger - say it ain't so! on 08/22/2012 17:15:16 MDT Print View

I hear they also cut the heads off and gouge out the eyes

.... of lettuce and potatoes

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife
Re: In-N-Out Burger - say it ain't so! on 08/22/2012 19:14:03 MDT Print View

Guess there won't be a veal burger anytime soon, with bacon.

Craig W.
(xnomanx) - F - M
In-N-Out Burger - say it ain't so! on 08/22/2012 20:46:52 MDT Print View

Just keep repeating:

"Happy cows come from California."

See?

All better now.

"Mistreating" a "commodity" that gets raised and slaughtered by the billion....
Now there's an interesting concept.

EDIT:
This whole daMn culture is run so thoroughly and completely on lies, illusions, and hidden truths that I suspect if the average person really knew about just one tenth of the violence, destruction, and exploitation necessary to keep a civilization like this running...
they'd....
they'd....
...well they might just darn well curl up and watch another episode of American Idol and try to PROMPTLY forget the whole affair.

Edited by xnomanx on 08/22/2012 21:04:13 MDT.

Jeffs Eleven
(WoodenWizard) - F

Locale: Greater Mt Tabor
Re: In-N-Out Burger - say it ain't so! on 08/22/2012 21:19:05 MDT Print View

American Idol is at least has *some* talent going for it. (Ewwww- did I just defend American Idol?)

Honey Boo-Boo is the new sign of the apocalypse.
Craig, Fer sure you'll dig it the most.

Craig W.
(xnomanx) - F - M
Re: Re: In-N-Out Burger - say it ain't so! on 08/22/2012 21:37:52 MDT Print View

Man, I'm all over Honey Boo Boo, got the whole season lined right up on my DVR.
It's all I can do to distract myself enough to stay sane in this f'ed up world.

David Adair
(DavidAdair) - M

Locale: West Dakota
Re: Re: Re: In-N-Out Burger - say it ain't so! on 08/22/2012 22:19:19 MDT Print View

"Honey Boo-Boo is the new sign of the apocalypse."

hmm... this may explain why The Exorcist has been upstaged by Idiocracy as the scariest movie ever.

Brian UL
(MAYNARD76)

Locale: New England
Re: In-N-Out Burger - say it ain't so! on 08/23/2012 06:58:20 MDT Print View

Stories like this is a good reminder why I try to support local family farms that raise animals right.

Erik Basil
(EBasil) - M

Locale: Atzlan
Beef, it's what's for dinner. on 08/23/2012 08:59:52 MDT Print View

I saw that, but didn't read the connection to In-N-Out. That connection will probably turn out to be useful, because the family-owned corporation will likely jump on the supplier regarding such practices --and look into their other suppliers, if any.

Just yesterday, "... I slipped out and fondled a carrot, Caressing its feathery top. With the force of a brute I tore out the root! It whimpered and came with a pop!

Then laying my hand on a radish. I jerked and it left a small crater. Then with the blade of my True Value spade, I exhumed a slumbering tater! Celery I plucked, I twisted a squash! Tomatoes were wincing in fear! I choked the Romaine, It screamed out in pain, Their anguish was filling my ears! I finally came to the lettuce, As it cringed at the top of the row. With one wicked slice I beheaded it twice, As it writhed, I dealt a death blow.

I butchered the onions and parsley. My hoe was all covered with gore.I chopped and I whacked without looking back, Then I stealthily slipped in the door.

My bounty lay naked and dying, So I drowned them to snuff out their life. I sliced and I peeled as they thrashed and they reeled, On the cutting board under my knife. I violated tomatoes, So their innards could never survive. I grated and ground ‘til they made not a sound, Then I boiled the tater alive!

Then I took the small broken pieces, I had tortured and killed with my hands. And tossed them together, heedless of whether, They suffered or made their demands.

I ate them. Forgive me, I’m sorry. But hear me, though I’m a beginner. Those plants feel pain, though it’s hard to explain, To someone who eats them for dinner!"

--Baxter Black

Roger Dodger
(RogerDodger) - F

Locale: Wess Siide
In-N-Out Burger - is the best ! on 08/23/2012 09:31:49 MDT Print View

The irony is that many are reading the cattle abuse story on an iPhone that was produced by abused human workers in China.

Ben 2 World
(ben2world) - MLife

Locale: So Cal
Happy Cows! on 08/23/2012 13:41:38 MDT Print View

This just in -- farmer feeding candies to his cows. Corn is getting too expensive. How else to keep cows fat and happy?

Candy-fed cows. Somehow, I don't think this will make healthy meat for humans... just something not quite right about it...

Edited by ben2world on 08/23/2012 13:44:19 MDT.

James Ledbetter
(bmafg) - M
In-N-Out Burger - say it ain't so! on 08/23/2012 14:08:33 MDT Print View

Maybe I should only eat animals found dead from natural causes. I guess then I'd be mistreating the worms and other carrion eaters by depriving them of their natural place at the table.

My treatment for the malady in this case. Watch the video, introduce the worker culprits to Mr Cattle Prod, a double dose for their bosses and double that for their bosses. Word would get around.

Jim

Roger Dodger
(RogerDodger) - F

Locale: Wess Siide
Re: Happy Cows! on 08/23/2012 14:53:22 MDT Print View

hold on there... I see a connection.

Candy is made with corn syrup.
Corn syrup is made from... corn.

feeding candy to cows is then the same
as super corn feed extract.

I can also stretch the truth by calling candy - an organic food, based on the definition below.

or·gan·ic/ôrˈganik/
Adjective:
Of, relating to, or derived from living matter: "organic soils".
Of, relating to, or denoting compounds containing carbon

Sarah Kirkconnell
(sarbar) - F

Locale: In the shadow of Mt. Rainier
Re: In-N-Out Burger - say it ain't so! on 08/23/2012 15:17:19 MDT Print View

How does this surprise ANYONE? The meat industry is simply that, an industry. To make as much profit as it can, to a world that clambers for cheaper meat.
I am not one for shock value but I'll say this: watch http://www.getvegucated.com/ (it is on Amazon if you have Prime, for free) and then see how you feel about the industry.
If you must eat meat, consume dairy and eggs, at least support those that do it in a manner that is positive. And you won't find any of that at fast food places nor in public schools.

Tim Zen
(asdzxc57) - F

Locale: MI
Re: Beef, it's what's for dinner. on 08/23/2012 18:42:02 MDT Print View

P.E.T.F. is after me...

Fungi abuse

However, I did not harvest any downer mushrooms.

Terry Trimble
(socal-nomad) - F

Locale: North San Diego county
In-N-Out Burger - say it ain't so! on 08/25/2012 12:59:17 MDT Print View

So what the big deal about this it will not stop me from buyng from IN n OUT burger who makes the best burger around. IN n OUT burger is known nation and world wide first thing a some people say getting off a plane in Los Angeles is take me to IN n OUT burger.

Their is no way to slaughter animals humanely it a messy business. They use to shoot cows in the head with a gun. Then they used captive bolt pistol that use compressed air to blow a hole in the skull of the cow. The killer in the movie "No country for old men" used a captive blot gun.

Now they use Captive bolt stunners to keep the animals heart beating when they bleed them out so they get full bleed out.

Then they hang the cow up side down slit their throat drain the blood, skin them, cut them in half and quarter them. It's the price we pay because some of us like to eat meat.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captive_bolt_pistol

If your vegetarian quit your belly aching enjoy the life you chose and let us enjoy the life we choose.
Terry

Craig W.
(xnomanx) - F - M
Re: In-N-Out Burger - say it ain't so! on 08/25/2012 13:45:06 MDT Print View

"Then they hang the cow up side down slit their throat drain the blood, skin them, cut them in half and quarter them. It's the price we pay because some of us like to eat meat."

Actually, that would be the price the animal pays because we like to eat meat.