Started a companion trail guide to Sweden's Bohusleden
Display Avatars Sort By:
Cesar Valdez
(PrimeZombie) - F

Locale: Scandinavia
Started a companion trail guide to Sweden's Bohusleden on 08/19/2012 11:38:21 MDT Print View

Got back from an awesome 5 day trip covering 90km of the Bohusleden, and decided to do something a little different and bigger than my usual trip reports. Check it out:

http://cesarandthewoods.blogspot.se/2012/08/cesars-guide-to-bohusleden-introduction.html

I focus more on the trip and the trail, and so far have not written anything about gear, sorry gear junkies. But I am sure some of you are wondering, so:

Base weight 3.8kg, plus food 3.5kg, plus water (max volume) 2.2kg = Max total backpack weight of 9.5kg. Did not bother to weigh clothing worn, but it was nothing special--NB trail runners (don't know the model, but they are pretty beefy, not any of the minimal ones), running pants, synth t-shirt, baseball cap, windbreaker.

I normally only hauled about 1.2l of water, as water is plentiful on this trail most of the time. In 5 days I only ran into 6 people total on the trail. Really had a great time, looking forward to writing up the rest of my reports, and of course hiking the rest of the trail. Let me know what you think :)

Cesar Valdez
(PrimeZombie) - F

4 down, 23 to go! on 08/26/2012 10:40:15 MDT Print View

Just posted my most detailed report yet, with lots of pics, in case anyone might be interested. 4 total so far are up, will probably put up another 4 in the next few weeks.

Feedback always welcome :)

Link in the OP.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: Started a companion trail guide to Sweden's Bohusleden on 08/26/2012 10:53:03 MDT Print View

Such a different landscape and hiking experience there than here in far northern California. You're doing a great job. Looking forward to the rest.

Cesar Valdez
(PrimeZombie) - F

Re: Re: Started a companion trail guide to Sweden's Bohusleden on 08/26/2012 11:11:23 MDT Print View

Thanks man, glad you like it so far :)

I was born in Los Angeles, CA, and when I was a kid did some trips up to Northern CA but didn't get to the far north.

Cesar Valdez
(PrimeZombie) - F

Added 2 more reports on 09/04/2012 06:05:00 MDT Print View

Okay, finally finished up my reports from a 5 day section hike spanning 6 sections of trail. 64 pictures uploaded. I am planning another 3 day section hike with a friend in October, and of course more reports after that. Between now and October I will also write up a report on one more section that I hiked on a short overnight trip back in April.

Link in the OP. Questions and feedback always welcome :)