Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Patagonia Houdini or Stoic Wraith
Display Avatars Sort By:
Emil Gazda
(Emilio)

Locale: Southeast
Houdini on 10/25/2012 19:36:24 MDT Print View

Thanks for insight on fit. Unfortunately the out of stock situation also applies to small in suede brown as well. M,L,XL are all that is available as far as I can tell.

Mike M
(mtwarden) - MLife

Locale: Montana
Re: Houdini on 10/25/2012 21:05:50 MDT Print View

try moosejaw

Maris L
(Ablaut) - M
Re: Re: Houdini on 10/26/2012 16:04:31 MDT Print View

Yep, there are the new Houdinis in S and XS @ Moosejaw for $99 shipped free.

Emil Gazda
(Emilio)

Brown on 10/27/2012 06:31:25 MDT Print View

Thanks for checking around. I've previously posted about the hard to find suede brown color which from the looks of it is completely out of stock. All of the usual web stores and brick and mortars are back ordered, I've scoured the Internet. Patagonia is not making more this season. Any other color is easy to find.

Emil Gazda
(Emilio)

Found on 10/27/2012 07:19:40 MDT Print View

Finally! Found the brown in a small on Appalachian Outdoors web store. Got the last one. Had to pay full price but at this point I don't care.

Emil Gazda
(Emilio)

Small on 10/29/2012 18:38:30 MDT Print View

In case your interested in the outcome.

Got the small in the post. If I was layering a puffy the size would be fine but for intended purposes (running) there is some extra material flapping in the wind. Sleeves are a bit long and the jacket is a also a bit long on my frame. Sleeves are also baggy on me. Not a deal breaker but if there was an XS available in brown (and there wasn't) I would've picked it up instead.

Chad Webster
(blaktee) - F

Locale: Targhee National Forest
Re: Re: Houdini out of stock on 02/08/2013 10:11:17 MST Print View

Hey Mike,

I would interested to know how you utilize the houdini in the winter. I have a couple ideas how I can use, but would love to hear about your system.

Mike M
(mtwarden) - MLife

Locale: Montana
winter on 02/08/2013 11:10:37 MST Print View

I use it very similarly as I do in other seasons. If I'm moving and a base layer isn't enough, I layer the Houdini over- it blocks wind/precip, but also holds a little heat in; if the base layer and Houdini aren't enough then I add a mid-layer- usually a Cap 4 hoody or R1 vest with the Houdini as the outermost layer

when stopped- I'll add my insulating layer over the top of everything

one thing I'll add- I really think a hood is a necessity on a windshirt, you might not use it a lot, but when you need it, it seems like you really need it

I got caught out in a blizzard about a month ago on a long run and I would have been screwed w/o that hood

Photobucket

it's definitely my most versatile and most used layer that I own :)