November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Yana Trekking Poles
Display Avatars Sort By:
Serge Giachetti
(sgiachetti) - M

Locale: Boulder, CO
Yana Trekking Poles on 08/15/2012 01:46:01 MDT Print View

Anyone have experience with these? I've been using the GG LT4's, which are great, but they aren't compact enough for attaching to my pack when scrambling. The 3 piece yana look like they'd work. Also, anyone know if the handles can be replaced? Would like to put the GG handles on them.

Mark Fowler
(KramRelwof) - MLife

Locale: Namadgi
Handles on 08/15/2012 05:56:12 MDT Print View

I would assume the foam handles are glued on like the Yana's 2 piece poles. You can cut the foam off and sand down the surface to take a different grip. I had to replacee one after a possum chewed off chunks of the foam one night in a quest for salts. Yana sennt me a replacement and glue no cost which was great customer service (and I am in Australia). I would suggest you try the foam grips before swapping them as I find them very comfortable.

Serge Giachetti
(sgiachetti) - M

Locale: Boulder, CO
bump: GG grips on yana poles? on 08/17/2012 23:33:59 MDT Print View

Still wondering if its possible to use the GG grips on the yana poles. Anyone with experience? Thanks.

Link .
(annapurna) - MLife
Re: bump: GG grips on yana poles? on 08/18/2012 10:47:56 MDT Print View

I don't believe you can,I own both poles and the GG poles are fatter than the Ti Goat poles,I think someone posted years ago that it was not possible.