Forum Index » Gear Swap » WTB: TarpTent Double Rainbow or similar. Also- ULA pack

Display Avatars Sort By:
F Reid Shippen
(makeitwork)

Locale: Southeast
WTB: TarpTent Double Rainbow or similar. Also- ULA pack on 08/14/2012 07:25:23 MDT Print View

hello all- looking for a TT DR (preferred) or similar ultralight for some planned trips coming up. Will be used mostly solo but need to have room for the occasional father/daughter trip. Recent, undamaged and sealed are a plus. ;-) Thanks in advance.

I'm also in the process of finding my first light pack- would consider offers (and opinions) on the ULA gear. I'm 5'11 200#

thanks all!

Link .
(annapurna) - MLife
Re: WTB: TarpTent Double Rainbow or similar. Also- ULA pack on 08/14/2012 08:51:30 MDT Print View

What is your torso length?And what how many cubic inches or liters for example 3660 ci (60 L) are you looking for.

Randall Miller
(speyguy) - F

Locale: Cascadia
Tarptent on 08/14/2012 10:39:32 MDT Print View

I have a TT Cloudburst. $120 shipped. I can send photos.

F Reid Shippen
(makeitwork)

Re: Re: WTB: TarpTent Double Rainbow or similar. Also- ULA pack on 08/14/2012 20:18:36 MDT Print View

hi- im about 20" on torso. undecided on capacity, i'm still figuring out my base carry. enough for a 3-4 day trip, light but not ultra.

thanks!

Clayton Mauritzen
(GlacierRambler) - F

Locale: NW Montana
Re: Re: Re: WTB: TarpTent Double Rainbow or similar. Also- ULA pack on 08/14/2012 23:14:36 MDT Print View

I just picked up an Ohm 2.0, and Chris was great to work with. I thought I was a medium, but it was a tad small, and he shipped the next size up very quickly. If you can't find what you want on the forum, he may be your best solution.

You sound like a large on the torso length based on when I tried on and measured the large and the medium. Not sure if it's the same with the other packs, but the Ohm 2.0 large had slightly wider and longer shoulder straps. I found them more comfortable for my body (5'11", 215 lbs, very broad shouldered).

Edited by GlacierRambler on 08/14/2012 23:16:53 MDT.

F Reid Shippen
(makeitwork)

Re: Tarptent on 08/15/2012 07:27:13 MDT Print View

thank you kindly Randall, i'm going to hold out a little while longer for a few side-entry possibilities i'm working on, but if they fall through i will certainly keep you in mind.

F Reid Shippen
(makeitwork)

Re: Re: Re: Re: WTB: TarpTent Double Rainbow or similar. Also- ULA pack on 08/15/2012 07:30:01 MDT Print View

Clayton-

all the ULA packs look amazing, and I just might call them and figure out what would work best for me. I'm totally new with this stuff so it's a learning curve, and I'm not sure what I'll be packing yet so there's that to consider.

thanks for your input!

Clayton Mauritzen
(GlacierRambler) - F

Locale: NW Montana
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: WTB: TarpTent Double Rainbow or similar. Also- ULA pack on 08/15/2012 16:21:48 MDT Print View

Are you transitioning your gear to UL or do you need to buy for the first time? I find it best to buy the pack last, once you've made all your other decisions. Also, research everything. Then buy, and know you'll still have to return and keep researching. It's a time-consuming process. But it's worth it in the long run to just do it right.

Guy Bouchard
(gbouchar) - M
Re: Tarptent on 08/16/2012 05:10:57 MDT Print View

Randall, i would be interested by the Cloudburst if not already sold. Send me a PM.